YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

SIU post game thoughts (Wolfords first road win}

<< < (3/4) > >>

guinpen:
If their not they are making a great case.

guinpen:
not so sure how good SIU really is but our D looked better today. Special teams need to improve,

ysubigred:
If YSU played every game like this one we'd be 5-1 right now.  This was the effort I saw against MSU game 1.  The "D" was really good. The "O" was good and the special teams/kick off coverage sucked big azz!  Over all I'm very pleased and have to give kudos to the coaching staff for making adjustments and letting these kids play loose.  The Jack Rabbits are giving UNI all they want right now  ;D

Oh forgot to mention the MVC Refs:  There was obvious holding and block in the backs every return SIU had.  Funny, since YSU's been in the conference we seem to get hommered at home and on the road with these clowns.  I guess that's OK it give the rest of the legue a chance  ;)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Dracula on October 15, 2011, 07:57:20 PM ---Do we or not have the worst ref's in football?

--- End quote ---

They looked for every reason in the world to deny that fumble TD didn't they. They actually waited and talked it over to see if they could find a way. It was kind of funny, because I said to myself "just watch this happen" ...and it almost did. The only thing that I can thing of is that they thought we batted the ball back into the end-zone?

Wick250:
IAA Fan,

You are correct.  The officials were discussing who batted the ball into the end zone.  Had we done it, it would indeed have been a touchback.  The tv replay clearly showed that an SIU player batted the ball, so the officials got it right.  Actually, except for those two strange penalties against our kickoff team, I thought that the officials were ok (by MFVC standards.)  At least we did not endure about six holding penalties.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version