YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs SIU

<< < (2/4) > >>

Pizza:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 13, 2011, 04:54:17 PM ---I should have said that we almost lost it, last year, because we did not have a power back. I am wondering about him being on the bench myself. Have for some time.

--- End quote ---

We're a spread team....Quick backs fit that. When we start becoming a 2 TE team with 6'5 320lb "big bodies" across the board, we will see the Fullback involved. When we become Wisconsin, you'll see us recruit a Ron Dayne "type".

But I don't know if getting into a "big body" recruiting battle with the Dakota's and Northern Iowa is a good thing to do.

They have more farm land than we do. And they grow big farm boys better than we do. You can't "out-Nebraska,....Nebraska". You can't "out-Wisconsin,.....Wisconsin". Our coaches are doing the "you can't beat speed" SEC thing. And the SEC has won the last 5 or so NCAA titles. (So they have a good argument). Just wish Y-town was located just South of Tampa. (I'd be warmer, and YSU's attempt to get blazing fast kids would be easier.)

Just give this current group of players and coaches some time..... :)

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on October 13, 2011, 01:58:08 PM ---It's Thursday and no prediction thread yet.

Here it goes;

YSU 28 - 24 If we play 60 min

SIU 38 - 21 If we do the usual nap till half time.

IP?  What's the line on this game?

GooooGuins!!

--- End quote ---
So. Illinois -8 1/2

Pizza:

--- Quote from: ItalianPenguin on October 13, 2011, 09:57:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on October 13, 2011, 01:58:08 PM ---It's Thursday and no prediction thread yet.

Here it goes;

GooooGuins!!

--- End quote ---
So. Illinois -8 1/2

--- End quote ---

Is that -8 1/2 the "line", your prediction, or just a hyphen?

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Pizza on October 13, 2011, 10:05:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: ItalianPenguin on October 13, 2011, 09:57:19 PM ---

Here it goes;

GooooGuins!!

--- End quote ---
So. Illinois -8 1/2

--- End quote ---

Is that -8 1/2 the "line", your prediction, or just a hyphen?

--- End quote ---

Betting line.  YSU is a 8 1/2 dog to the dawgs :)

HappyPenguin:
Our biggest starting LB is listed at 220...very un-MVFC like.

I hope our coaches know what they are doing but we are starting to look like a speed-first team. I'm not sure how well that style will fly in our current conference however...if we're going for faster we better be markedly fater or we're just going to get pushed around.

That being said this looks like a growing pains week for us, but I'm an optimist and will say 21-20.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version