YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Kurt Hess

<< < (6/9) > >>

Pizza:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on October 11, 2011, 07:57:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on October 07, 2011, 05:00:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on October 07, 2011, 01:38:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on October 02, 2011, 04:17:18 PM ---first post here,  as a 20 year old YSU fan (although they are my 2nd team tied with Mt. Union but still behind the Buckeyes)

does Hess have the potential to be one of, or the Best QB in school history? how good was Isaac? Jaworski?

Hess seems like he has alot of potential (big, strong arm, pretty accurate, mobile for 6'4 230) and could have a NFL future if he gets enough pub

if not, who is the best QB from YSU ever and why? top 5 best all time?

--- End quote ---

Right now he's the 23rd ranked QB in FCS.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/fcs/stats/passing

Brungard best all time at YSU count the rings  ;D

--- End quote ---

Rings=Team Effort

Hess will probably shatter all of Brungards numbers

--- End quote ---

Without the rings your records are meaningless. It takes a winner to organize and control a team :)

--- End quote ---

Don't tell that to those who voted Dan Marino into the NFL Hall of Fame. And the millions of football fans who agreed with that decision.

That's why football is such a great game. No one player can do it alone. Terry Bradshaw was an above average QB, yet he won 4 Super Bowls, because of 53 other guys (and 200 other coaches, owners, support staff....etc).

Bart Starr is another that comes to mind with a ring who was "average" before Lombardi. Lot's of average Qb's have won rings at all levels because of great supporting cast.

My post is not to take away from ANY of the great QB's YSU has had. Some were great and had a great team with them. They got a ring. Some were great (Zetts) and didn't quite get there.

My point is it takes 22 (offense and defense)......and hundreds of others......and a little luck....to be a champion.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Pizza on October 11, 2011, 07:38:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on October 11, 2011, 07:57:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on October 07, 2011, 05:00:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on October 07, 2011, 01:38:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on October 02, 2011, 04:17:18 PM ---first post here,  as a 20 year old YSU fan (although they are my 2nd team tied with Mt. Union but still behind the Buckeyes)

does Hess have the potential to be one of, or the Best QB in school history? how good was Isaac? Jaworski?

Hess seems like he has alot of potential (big, strong arm, pretty accurate, mobile for 6'4 230) and could have a NFL future if he gets enough pub

if not, who is the best QB from YSU ever and why? top 5 best all time?

--- End quote ---

Right now he's the 23rd ranked QB in FCS.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/fcs/stats/passing

Brungard best all time at YSU count the rings  ;D

--- End quote ---

Rings=Team Effort

Hess will probably shatter all of Brungards numbers

--- End quote ---

Without the rings your records are meaningless. It takes a winner to organize and control a team :)

--- End quote ---

Don't tell that to those who voted Dan Marino into the NFL Hall of Fame. And the millions of football fans who agreed with that decision.

That's why football is such a great game. No one player can do it alone. Terry Bradshaw was an above average QB, yet he won 4 Super Bowls, because of 53 other guys (and 200 other coaches, owners, support staff....etc).

Bart Starr is another that comes to mind with a ring who was "average" before Lombardi. Lot's of average Qb's have won rings at all levels because of great supporting cast.

My post is not to take away from ANY of the great QB's YSU has had. Some were great and had a great team with them. They got a ring. Some were great (Zetts) and didn't quite get there.

My point is it takes 22 (offense and defense)......and hundreds of others......and a little luck....to be a champion.

--- End quote ---

I'm one of Dan's biggest fans "BUT" records are meant to be broken and rings are forever.  Marino don't have many records left  ::)  It's not how many yards they throw for or how many TD's they have it's all about controlling the tempo of the game and organizing the other 21 players as the field general.  A complete QB knows that if the "D" is tired slow the game down etc... Besides Brady and Warner most of the championship QB's were grinders like Brungard :)  Zetts, the thing I remember most about his YSU QB days was the missed opportunities, fumbles etc..  Hess so far is following in the same pattern.  Last week's game is a great example (missed opportunity).  Plenty of time to tie the game.  March the ball to the red zone then throw 4 incompletions.  Hess has time to redeem himself, Zetts just has some records that will fall.

HappyPenguin:
I agree YBR, he looked rattled on that last drive for sure. Hopefully these are learning experiences and not new standards.

HLecter:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on October 12, 2011, 08:55:41 AM ---I agree YBR, he looked rattled on that last drive for sure. Hopefully these are learning experiences and not new standards.

--- End quote ---

I would love to see actual game film (end zone shots) to see what receivers were open on those last 4 passes.  Somebody had to be on at least one of the downs.  I'm not blaming Hess completely though.   If I remember correctly we completely forgot about a first down and fired everything toward the goal line?

Was White in the game?  At 6-6" how could you not try a slant to him?  Get it to the sticks.

YSUGO:
Hlecter on the last drive, when we ran trips left the D was playing man,,,and Doubling up on the side that Hess was trying to force it to seemed locked to on to the WR on  the right...we ran that formation like twice and Hess didnt see the miss match

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version