YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Interesting Changes for this Years Play-Off

<< < (2/3) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on October 02, 2011, 08:41:32 PM ---so we should jump to 1-A while we are rebuilding and get our a$$ handed to us insted of working on contending for confrence and national championships again first?

if we were going to move to 1-A it should have been 1997 (after our last NC win and 3rd of the decade, and 3rd in the last 6 years) not durring a rebuilding mode

--- End quote ---

Actually we should have moved in the early 90's when we planned to do so. For that matter we should have done it in 1978 or 1982 when we also planned to. Well, I like where we are now. However, different conferences require different styles of ball. ISU used to run the option and gave everyone in the GFC troubles with it. So did we as an independent. Look how much Tressel changed YSU after we joined the GFC. Look at the 1999 title game because of this. Look at the APP State game? We were lost against the read option and Heacock started the process of change. If we are going to another conference, we will need to rebuild if we want to compete. We are supposedly rebuilding already.  Besides, if we build ourselves into an FCS power, why would we want to leave at all?

I am in favor of serious change in FCS as a whole.

YSUfan21:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 03, 2011, 07:25:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on October 02, 2011, 08:41:32 PM ---so we should jump to 1-A while we are rebuilding and get our a$$ handed to us insted of working on contending for confrence and national championships again first?

if we were going to move to 1-A it should have been 1997 (after our last NC win and 3rd of the decade, and 3rd in the last 6 years) not durring a rebuilding mode

--- End quote ---

Actually we should have moved in the early 90's when we planned to do so. For that matter we should have done it in 1978 or 1982 when we also planned to. Well, I like where we are now. However, different conferences require different styles of ball. ISU used to run the option and gave everyone in the GFC troubles with it. So did we as an independent. Look how much Tressel changed YSU after we joined the GFC. Look at the 1999 title game because of this. Look at the APP State game? We were lost against the read option and Heacock started the process of change. If we are going to another conference, we will need to rebuild if we want to compete. We are supposedly rebuilding already.  Besides, if we build ourselves into an FCS power, why would we want to leave at all?

I am in favor of serious change in FCS as a whole.

--- End quote ---

but if your rebuilding in the FCS, your just twice as far away in the FBS and taking much longer to start up in FBS

i dont believe any school should move from FCS to FBS untill they compete for NC on a regular basis in FCS, thats when you know your at the top of your profession and need more challenges

ysuguins4:
I wonder if they would ever enforce this, and take away an automatic bid?  Since 2000 the MEAC is winless in 13 playoff games, and the OVC winless in 15.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on October 18, 2011, 08:07:08 AM ---I wonder if they would ever enforce this, and take away an automatic bid?  Since 2000 the MEAC is winless in 13 playoff games, and the OVC winless in 15.

--- End quote ---

Here's something crazy to consider:  Right now the CAA has 9 teams ranked in the top 25!! 

penguinpower:

and it takes them 8 teams to get someone to the NC game too.  They haven't done it with 3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version