YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Post-Game Thoughts?

<< < (6/10) > >>

YSU1:
How could they run 4 sweeps for touchdowns.  It was not fancy or deceptive it was a sweep.  We looked lost defensively.  They made it look so easy.   The schedule does not get easier  North Dakota handled Minnesota.   I hope we make some adjustments over the next 2 weeks

YSU RON:

--- Quote from: HLecter on September 25, 2011, 01:27:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSU RON on September 25, 2011, 09:47:09 AM ---Relax, it is only Wolford's start of his second year. It will take time to correct the disaster that Heacock left him. As you can see I didn't call him coach Heacock as he was not that or a recruiter or was he any good with the fans who supported the team. Heacock's team had to be gutted and replaced with players who can play. So give the team some time. Watch for a good team next year and the year after. Until then keep supporting this coach and team. GO YSU PENGUINS

--- End quote ---

Accountability dammit!  We're blaming Heacock still?   This sounds like one of those "Blame Bush" excuses.

--- End quote ---
Heacock is the problem for the shape the program was left to the current coach and you can't fix that big of a mess in 1 season plus 4 games. You could bring in the best coach in all of football and it wouldn't get done this quick. As far as accountability if after a few years he desn't produce then you hold him accountable. So don't get all worked up. At least you put Heacock in the company of the worst President in the history of this country.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSU RON on September 25, 2011, 05:58:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: HLecter on September 25, 2011, 01:27:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSU RON on September 25, 2011, 09:47:09 AM ---Relax, it is only Wolford's start of his second year. It will take time to correct the disaster that Heacock left him. As you can see I didn't call him coach Heacock as he was not that or a recruiter or was he any good with the fans who supported the team. Heacock's team had to be gutted and replaced with players who can play. So give the team some time. Watch for a good team next year and the year after. Until then keep supporting this coach and team. GO YSU PENGUINS

--- End quote ---

Accountability dammit!  We're blaming Heacock still?   This sounds like one of those "Blame Bush" excuses.

--- End quote ---
Heacock is the problem for the shape the program was left to the current coach and you can't fix that big of a mess in 1 season plus 4 games. You could bring in the best coach in all of football and it wouldn't get done this quick. As far as accountability if after a few years he desn't produce then you hold him accountable. So don't get all worked up. At least you put Heacock in the company of the worst President in the history of this country.

--- End quote ---

What ever retard.  No one is claiming Wolford is Heacock.  That loss was on the coaching staff.  Not due to the talent level.

Wick250:
If you go to the official athletic department website, you can see this headline: "Football's Valiant Comeback Falls Short at Indiana State."  This underscores the problem we have endured here for over a decade.  We accept mediocrity.  Clearly, yesterday was no moral victory because of any comeback.  It might have been the most unprepared any YSU team has ever been for a football game.

Now several posters have correctly cited the youth and inexperience of our defensive players.  That is very true, and I could accept it if they lined up properly, played hard, but lost to better opponents.  But the effort was not there during that first quarter and the schemes were atrocious.  That is on the coaches for either calling the wrong formations or not pulling starters faster if they were disregarding proper instructions.

Last night I watched a high school team with about two marginal D1 prospects defeat a nationally recruited all star team with over a dozen top tier D1 prospects.  Now Mooney loses to Red Lion 9 times out of 10, but yesterday a highly motivated and properly prepared team beat the odds.  All I am asking our exceptionally well-paid (for our level of football) staff to do is motivate our players and provide them with the technical knowledge to play up to their abilities.  That did not happen yesterday.  And that is why I continue to rebel against mediocrity.

Pita:
Penguin Power..I am in total agreement

I made Pigs in the Blanket to serve fans,for our "stay at home, watch on TV"
(which was not an easy task for this long time road warrior) and
I know I did MORE prep work on those Pigs, than our coaches did
for the teams 1st half of the game, at least that is how I read it.  Too
bad for the team, the potential is there, I'm convinced of that....but Oh
my gosh.....the leaders were out to lunch!!!!

GO PENGUINS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version