YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Post-Game Thoughts?

<< < (3/10) > >>

YsuPride:
A couple of things.  I believe Wolford is going to be good for us but he may have to change his D-Coordinator at years end.  Our defense is aweful and we still have to play UNI, NDSU, and SIU on the road.
Remember the program was a mess talent wise under Heacock and getting worse each year.  We need to win out at home and pray for a miracle on the road.  Finishing 6-5 if we go undefeated at home is a 3 game improvement over LY but we need to learn to play on the road and play 4 quarters of football.

If we are still struggling after 2012 season then we need to worry.  2012 should be the playoff year.  I hope.  It wouldn't surprise me we change D-Coordinators at years end.

goodnews:
What is Devont'a Davis' status on the defense? I see he is falling on the depth chart and has NO recorded tackles the last two games.... Does it bother anyone else that when Wolford discusses playing on the road in the MVFC it's like a loss is a forgone conclusion?  You would think we were playing in Baton Rouge against LSU......Lastly, maybe Mike Stoops can replace Kravitz as it appears his days are numbered at U of Arizona.

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: goodnews on September 25, 2011, 12:18:32 AM ---What is Devont'a Davis' status on the defense? I see he is falling on the depth chart and has NO recorded tackles the last two games.... Does it bother anyone else that when Wolford discusses playing on the road in the MVFC it's like a loss is a forgone conclusion?  You would think we were playing in Baton Rouge against LSU......Lastly, maybe Mike Stoops can replace Kravitz as it appears his days are numbered at U of Arizona.

--- End quote ---

On Stoops, if he doesn't survive at Arizona, do you really think he's going to drop down and come be the D coordinator at a mid tier FCS program after leading a BCS program? I think not

goodnews:
I really was kidding................ UofA was torched for 400+ on the ground...

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: HLecter on September 24, 2011, 08:30:46 PM ---A couple quick observations:

Why weren't we prepared to handle the blitz?

With all the crappy play we still had a chance at the end.  Why in the world try an on-side kick?  I know we had two TOs left, did we have 3?

Onside kicks are successful what 3% of the time?

We're down 2, the better play is to kick deep, hope to hold them deep and get decent field position on a punt.

Kicking deep could have brought a holding penalty against them which probably happens 10-15% of the time (guessing of course)----10-15% is better odds than the 3% of recovering an onside kick.

I hated that call.

I'll have more to say tommw after I watch the game again, but THIS TEAM WAS NOT READY TO PLAY and that is on the coaching staff.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking on-side kick waaaay earlier(2nd qtr).  It doesn't look like we practice them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version