YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

a win is a win

<< < (2/4) > >>

YsuPride:
Besides Valpo again for 2012 what other non-conference games will we be playing.  I thought we were going to play Pitt again?   Does anyone know?

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on September 12, 2011, 05:16:48 PM ---Besides Valpo again for 2012 what other non-conference games will we be playing.  I thought we were going to play Pitt again?   Does anyone know?

--- End quote ---

I also heard Pitt, but then I heard we were bumped by Villanova, then Delaware. I know we have 2 more open at MSU. We had to take a late date in 2013 ...3rd week of the season. I do not like that. That is a 12-week season, so we will have a game on 8/30 & 9/6 ...Michigan State the following week on 9/14/2013

ysuindy:
I don't recall where I read it or whether it was posted here or not - I apologize if I am bringing up something that was otherwise covered, but it had a quote from either the football coach or AD at Valpo indicating the Pioneer League is encouraging their members to play FCS teams from Automatic Qualifying (AQ) leagues in an attempt to boost the Pioneer's argument for an automatic bid.

Clearly Butler, Valpo, Dayton and Morehead State should be our targets there as those are bus rides, just like Pitt, Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan State have been our bus rides to BCS games.

ItalianPenguin:
We play Pitt next year and, as mentioned earlier, Mich St again in 2013. Talks are on with Illinois for 2014.

Wick250:
IP,

Do you know who we play for the third ooc game next season, along with Pitt and Valpo?

Indy,

I read that too someplace.  Just imagine.  The Pioneer League with an automatic bid into the playoffs. Isn't our esteemed MVFC commissioner still also the boss of the Pioneer League?  Can't you just see her explaining to a 7-4 MVFC team that they must miss the playoffs so that the champion of that junk league can participate.  Twilight zone. :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version