YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

a win is a win

<< < (3/4) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 13, 2011, 02:06:19 PM ---IP,

Do you know who we play for the third ooc game next season, along with Pitt and Valpo?

Indy,

I read that too someplace.  Just imagine.  The Pioneer League with an automatic bid into the playoffs. Isn't our esteemed MVFC commissioner still also the boss of the Pioneer League?  Can't you just see her explaining to a 7-4 MVFC team that they must miss the playoffs so that the champion of that junk league can participate.  Twilight zone. :o

--- End quote ---

Yes, but we say the same thing about the Big South ...and Wofford barely beat Presbyterian. CCSU beat Furman, and Liberty put up 24-points on NC State (something we may not be able to do right now). You need to play the teams & let the reputations go up. Look how many years the A-10 played nothing OOC but those former "patsies" from the Patriot League. Yet they still received multiple bids. Now the Patriot has increased respectability.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 13, 2011, 05:00:45 PM ---

Do you know who we play for the third ooc game next season, along with Pitt and Valpo?

Indy,

I read that too someplace.  Just imagine.  The Pioneer League with an automatic bid into the playoffs. Isn't our esteemed MVFC commissioner still also the boss of the Pioneer League?  Can't you just see her explaining to a 7-4 MVFC team that they must miss the playoffs so that the champion of that junk league can participate.  Twilight zone. :o

--- End quote ---

Yes, but we say the same thing about the Big South ...and Wofford barely beat Presbyterian. CCSU beat Furman, and Liberty put up 24-points on NC State (something we may not be able to do right now). You need to play the teams & let the reputations go up. Look how many years the A-10 played nothing OOC but those former "patsies" from the Patriot League. Yet they still received multiple bids. Now the Patriot has increased respectability.

--- End quote ---

By the first two weeks performance of OOC's this conference will only get 2 bid's  :-[

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 13, 2011, 05:00:45 PM ---

Indy,

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
A lot of good points here. The play of Presby and CCSU actually gives me a lot of confidence. If they can play with these SoCo "powers" there's no reason we can't beat them. Parity seems to be the reality now. As much as I hate the blood games, both for and against, that's the landscape of college football now. If you win your confeence those games are meaningless. We shouldn't be penalized for playing the Valpo's of the world, pretty much everyone is doing it.

Dracula:
If you win the conference they can not keep you from the playoffs. Just win baby.

ItalianPenguin:

Indy,

--- End quote ---
Wick---was informed the 3rd non-conference game next year is a home game with Albany. Looks like we might be playing Dayton in 2013 and at Illinois in 2014.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version