YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

4:00 starting time

(1/2) > >>

Wick250:
I would be in the stands if we kicked off at 3:00 in the morning, but does anybody else feel that the 4pm starting time for September games is absurd?  People here are conditioned by high school games for evening football, at least during warm weather.  These 4pm starts are going to cost us at least 2,000 per game.  Fifteen to twenty years ago, the athletic department sent a survey to season ticket holders asking their preferences for starting times.  I recall that the overwhelming response was for a 7pm kickoff in September to mid-October, followed by 1pm later in the year.  4pm had no support whatsoever.  If anybody thinks that 4pm is a good time, please give me your reasons.

ELPENGUIN:
Sure can.  Big Ten games and most MAC start at noon or 1 pm.  Most major tv games start at 8PM.

guinpen:
Don't care what the starting time is, just wish that every game had the same start.

Wick250:
Elpenguin,

On the Sports Network site, most Ohio State games are still listed as TBA.  Doesn't Ohio State usually play important Big Ten games at 3:30?  That is my main concern.  As far as the so-called fans who sit on their couch and watch Florida or Alabama at 8pm on Saturdays, they ain't coming to Stambaugh anyway.

petepossy:
Hey guys after a long time away from the board due to several reasons I’m back. I noticed there are only two start times 4pm and 1pm personally I would like to see every game played under the lights except for November games as I think that is a much better feel. I think early games conflict with anything else you are trying to do as a family during the day.

On a side note has anyone noticed there are very few ticket deals this season?  Other than the two ticket deals in September I see nothing else on the promotions schedule.  In the past every game had a deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version