YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Post-Game Thoughts?

<< < (4/6) > >>

IAA Fan:
I really could not find anything in the press. His post-game was very flattering actually. I know that he came to YSU a couple of times when recruiting. He has seen the new offices and pictures of his father. We did handle things poorly back then. The man 'knocked on doors' for funds to build the "ice castle". I have enormous respect for him. Look at how many associate AD's we and other schools have.

Wick250:
The kid was 18 or 19 when we fired his father.  His father was indeed suffering from cancer, and the family undoubtedly feels that the stress deteriorated his health further.  He died within a few years, I believe.  So it is perfectly natural for this guy to remain bitter.  Bottom line: his father failed to move a successful D2 program up the IAA ladder, despite having a state-of-the-art new stadium.

HLecter:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 06, 2011, 02:37:06 PM ---Those Italians can sure hold a grudge ;)

--- End quote ---

+1

OleYSUfan:
Does anyone know the injury report from the Michigan State game?

I saw Ekweremuba make a great play early on in the game , but did not see him return. What is his status?

The defensive did a great job on the MSU running attack, but was very porous against the passing attack. Ekweremuba is a force on applying pressure to the QB. I also saw Pat White get injuried and didn't see him back into the game. He did miss a pass thrown right into his hands.

All in all the team looked better than at the Penn state game last year, so YSU should have a cake walk against Valpo. YSU 45 - Valpo 7   

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 06, 2011, 02:56:15 PM ---The kid was 18 or 19 when we fired his father.  His father was indeed suffering from cancer, and the family undoubtedly feels that the stress deteriorated his health further.  He died within a few years, I believe.  So it is perfectly natural for this guy to remain bitter.  Bottom line: his father failed to move a successful D2 program up the IAA ladder, despite having a state-of-the-art new stadium.

--- End quote ---

I could understand him being bitter as a young man and shortly after his dad's death, but if he is still bitter now then either something went on that most of us are not aware of or he has a problem.

Coaching is a business, produce or move on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version