YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Road Trip

<< < (2/4) > >>

Just Toyin:
I-AA - I'll keep my eyes peeled for a tall YSU flag - we'll have one flying high as well but I'm not hopeful that I will spot your crew unless I know which lot they plan to tailgate.

Pita - I am definitely looking forward to seeing you and your better half at our home opener.  I hope the two of you have had a very healthy off season!?!  You know the away games just aren't the same without you and your pre-game toasts!!!

Husky - Mighty Valpo, I wouldn't feed that stuff to my dog!!!

Red - Indy St is a definite for me.  SIU is probable.  I want to get to both S & NDST at some point just not sure it will be this year (maybe some airline deals too good to pass up but that is unlikely).

I try not to get overly optomistic but I am very much looking forward to both the upcoming football and basketball seasons.  I think both programs have taken a step forward!?!  We shall see.

GO MIGHTY GUINS!!!

ItalianPenguin:
Toyin'--a number of us are busing up for the game and are staying at the Lexington Lansing hotel. There is a mini "tailgate" party at the hotel at approx 2:30 PM. Stop if you get the chance.

ysuindy:
Thought about this game, but the Friday night kills us.  Was going to take my son out of school early - until he ended up with 4 exams on Friday.  Can't leave Indy at 3 and get there by kickoff.  Will be in front of the TV watching.  Unfortunately Saturday high school cross country in Northern Indiana is going to keep us from getting to Terre Haute.

I will try to remember to post this again later, but for any of you going to Indiana State - add some extra travel time.  I-70 is effectively one long construction zone from just west of the Indy airport to the Illinois State line.  Numerous bridge reconstructions and lots of traffic jams and horror stories about long backups.  The Terre Haute schools have taken all of their buses off of I-70 for athletic travel, etc due to the backups as well as numerous accidents.

ysubigred:
Thanks for the tip Indy.  I go straight up 41 out of Evansville so I can see Jeffrey Dormers last place of residence  :)

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: ysuindy on August 31, 2011, 12:31:53 PM ---Thought about this game, but the Friday night kills us.  Was going to take my son out of school early - until he ended up with 4 exams on Friday.  Can't leave Indy at 3 and get there by kickoff.  Will be in front of the TV watching.  Unfortunately Saturday high school cross country in Northern Indiana is going to keep us from getting to Terre Haute.

I will try to remember to post this again later, but for any of you going to Indiana State - add some extra travel time.  I-70 is effectively one long construction zone from just west of the Indy airport to the Illinois State line.  Numerous bridge reconstructions and lots of traffic jams and horror stories about long backups.  The Terre Haute schools have taken all of their buses off of I-70 for athletic travel, etc due to the backups as well as numerous accidents.

--- End quote ---
Indy--a bunch of us are driving there. Any tips as to where to go once reaching the Indy airport??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version