YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Road Trip

<< < (3/4) > >>

ysuindy:
IP - let me talk to a couple of people who work out that way once we get closer to game week.  The obvious answer is take US 40 - which parallels I-70 a handful of miles to the north.  40 is the old National Road - is four lanes all the way to Terre Haute.  What I can't tell you now is how crowded and congested that will be.  There really isn't another "easy" way to go.  Two major towns on 40 - Plainfield just west of the airport and Brazil about halfway out.  I drove 40 back from Terre Haute to Brazil after the game a few years back - it was a decent drive, but lots of stop and go in Brazil.

MSU Spartan:
If theres any tips I can give to those making the trip to East Lansing tomorrow let me know.

Dracula:
Indy, any info. on Rt.40 to  Terra Haute. Only 2 weeks away. ;D

ysuindy:
A lot is going to depend on when you come through town.  Talked to my co-worker on Friday - she said that during afernoon rush hour 70 is backed up several miles and recommended taking 40. 

If you head out Saturday morning I would allow an extra hour - what is normally a one hour trip might take two - but staying on 70 "probably" works. Friday afternoon - from 4 to 7 the most regular traffic reports are on 93.1 - every ten minutes.  Their traffic coverage isn't what it used to be - but it is still the best in town.

Also watch the overhead signs as you come in to and through Indy - stay on 70 through the City unless there is a reported accident or issue on 70 thorugh the City.  There is construction on 465 on the West and East side.  US36 is not really an option IMO as the traffic from 465 out to Danville, Indiana is brutal - think 224 between 680 and 11.

The overhead signs typically give good information - the problem is that they only reference mile markers - not exit routes, towns, etc (i.e. accident ahead mile marker 64.1 - expect delays).  The airport is exit 68.

ysubigred:
Well just 5 days away who all is going to be there and what time is the TG lot/grass area going to be open.  Any special requests for beverages  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version