YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Speaking of Depth Charts ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on August 25, 2011, 10:35:33 AM ---Looks much better size wise on paper.  I'd like to see the D just a bit bigger although that's what Appy St does smaller faster "D" and it gave the Big 10 a "L" :)

--- End quote ---

Not to disrespect our I-AA comrades, but that was the worst team in Michigan history ...absolutely pitiful. Now I also remember a Penguin team holding the lead against a solid (not great) Penn State club until 1:02 remaining in the first half at Happy Valley. I am hoping for even more in East Lansing this year. We have a former Penguin coach at the helm, and a former Penguin player (son of a former Penguin Head coach) at D coordinator.

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 26, 2011, 10:24:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on August 25, 2011, 10:35:33 AM ---Looks much better size wise on paper.  I'd like to see the D just a bit bigger although that's what Appy St does smaller faster "D" and it gave the Big 10 a "L" :)

--- End quote ---

Not to disrespect our I-AA comrades, but that was the worst team in Michigan history ...absolutely pitiful. Now I also remember a Penguin team holding the lead against a solid (not great) Penn State club until 1:02 remaining in the first half at Happy Valley. I am hoping for even more in East Lansing this year. We have a former Penguin coach at the helm, and a former Penguin player (son of a former Penguin Head coach) at D coordinator.

--- End quote ---

Not to turn this into a Michigan-Appy thread, but you're way off there on it being the worst team in Michigan history.  That 2007 Michigan team started the season ranked #5 and finished the season 9-4 after defeating Florida and Heisman winner Tebow in the Cap One Bowl.  Also they were B10 runner-ups.  Now, the last 3 seasons under Rodriguez are up there as the worst in school history.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: GoGuins on August 27, 2011, 10:07:52 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Not to turn this into a Michigan-Appy thread, but you're way off there on it being the worst team in Michigan history.  That 2007 Michigan team started the season ranked #5 and finished the season 9-4 after defeating Florida and Heisman winner Tebow in the Cap One Bowl.  Also they were B10 runner-ups.  Now, the last 3 seasons under Rodriguez are up there as the worst in school history.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for looking that up for me John.  I was thinking the 07 Go (big blow) team eas decent :)

IAA Fan:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I do not want to bring it back up either, App State fans won't leave it alone (although we are just as guilty going back to the 90's), but the #18 Marshall club we should have beaten, was a far superior team to that UM club ...as the next week when (I think it was Oregon) played back-ups against UM in the first half. Then a poor Notre Dame club shut them out in week-3. Yes the Wolverines recovered somewhat, but on a given day, that was still the worst team to ever take the field for Michigan.

pittsburghpenguin:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 31, 2011, 10:02:12 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I do not want to bring it back up either, App State fans won't leave it alone (although we are just as guilty going back to the 90's), but the #18 Marshall club we should have beaten, was a far superior team to that UM club ...as the next week when (I think it was Oregon) played back-ups against UM in the first half. Then a poor Notre Dame club shut them out in week-3. Yes the Wolverines recovered somewhat, but on a given day, that was still the worst team to ever take the field for Michigan.

--- End quote ---

IAA Fan what are you smoking? I'm not even a michigan fan and the last three years under Rich Rod were there worst years on the field. That 07 michigan team was good considering they had there top players hurt during the season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version