YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Men's basketball schedule released per TV-21

<< < (2/2)

ItalianPenguin:
Normally there are two money road games scheduled that are almost guaranteed losses (have a shot at beating Akron this year), so two home games are scheduled which should be guaranteed wins. Seems to me that's a fair trade. 5 years from now we'll only remember the W-L record, not who we played. And many, many schools are doing the same. UW-Green Bay just released their schedule and they have home games against the University of Mary (Joseph must be busy that night) and Michigan Tech. They balance that with road games at Virginia, Marquette, and Wisconsin. So we are not alone.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ELPENGUIN on August 18, 2011, 01:40:30 AM ---Wick250, Akron & Penn State are huge money games for us (I am not at liberty at this moment to tell you the amount).  We can not and should not turn down any money game offered, that we can certainly transport ourselves to.

--- End quote ---

Penn St I can see, but a big money game from the zits surprises me, would not have thought that they could afford a big payout.

ItalianPenguin:
Good point Guinpen. Where is Akron coming up with the money for a big payout (and they are), especially when their football program is in the sh*tter and hemorrhaging  money left and right??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version