YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Allen Jones

(1/3) > >>

guinpen:
Heard this the other day. Wish him well!

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Allen Jones was one of Eric Wolford's first recruits when he arrived at Youngstown State. Now, Jones is taking his talents elsewhere.

21 Sports has learned that Jones has left the YSU football program after one season.

The former Ursuline standout, and one of Eric Wolford's first recruits, played in nine games as a true freshman; carrying the ball eight times for 86 yards and one touchdown. He also played on special teams.

It appears Jones wants more playing time and feels he can get it at another school.

Wick250:
When you are a sophomore and find yourself behind a junior who just made a pre-season All-American squad, your prospects look bleak.  There was no way any school at our level could stockpile so much talent at one position.  When we start to lose quality players at other positions because they can not get on the field, we will truly be all the way back.

penguinpower:
If this is true, then why not move him to the defensive backfield?  We need speed and physical presence there.  He may have been a decent corner or SS?  No?  what am I missing here?

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on July 25, 2011, 08:53:34 AM ---If this is true, then why not move him to the defensive backfield?  We need speed and physical presence there.  He may have been a decent corner or SS?  No?  what am I missing here?

--- End quote ---

I would guess he wants to play running back?

Pizza:

--- Quote from: ysuindy on July 25, 2011, 11:15:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: penguinpower on July 25, 2011, 08:53:34 AM ---If this is true, then why not move him to the defensive backfield?  We need speed and physical presence there.  He may have been a decent corner or SS?  No?  what am I missing here?

--- End quote ---

I would guess he wants to play running back?

--- End quote ---

Understood. And I'd like to be 6'4" and have Gizzelle Bunchen as my wife.

But we can't always have what we want.

I wish him the best though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version