YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Devont'a Davis to Transfer

<< < (2/2)

guinpen:
Nice post Pizza - welcome aboard

guinpen:
Published: Fri, July 1, 2011 @ 12:01 a.m.
Miami cornerback headed to YSU

YOUNGSTOWN

Former University of Miami cornerback Devont’a Davis will transfer to the Youngstown State football team, according to the St. Petersburg Times.

Davis, who did not return calls seeking comment, redshirted last season with the Hurricanes and will have four years of eligibility remaining. Miami fired head coach Randy Shannon in November and hired Al Golden in December.

IAA Fan:
I am not as excited as you guys I guess. The article was only on a blog ...not in the paper. Also, Miami's worst need was in the secondary last year, and Davis was no where to be seen on the depth chart (not even #4). Ahead of him was a frosh, a safety converted to CB, and an RB converted as well. I also show activity on special teams in several games for him ... how does he have 4-years left? He was basically cut. I hope he has skills, and not just speed like most of those Florida guys.

Pizza:
I guess the lesson upper level 1-AA  programs  like YSU tells these kids is........get your "head out of your A-ss". Here's your last best chance. You can still get to the "League" ...by playing well at YSU.

Just look at Donald Jones (Buffalo Bills). Donald did everything right when he came here. I witnessed it.

Come to YSU....ball.....win a title or two....and you'll get your shot in the "League".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version