YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Tressel SI article

<< < (3/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
Did you guys hear Ray Isaac on ESPN radio yesterday? Very interesting quotes:

“Jim Tressel is as good a man as you’ll ever meet. It’s almost to the point where it’s hokey; you would think he is phony, but he is not. Jim Tressel is like the person you want to be when you grow up. He’s always treated me like a son.”

“The article is a big lie ... I’m very displeased with the article. The article is chewed up. If you look at the paragraph that goes into what I was allegedly to have said, it is poorly written. It doesn’t give any facts or clarity. It almost looked like he read 50 articles of the Jim Tressel/Ray Isaac situation and mixed them all together and then wrote a paragraph because he could not get any words out of my mouth.”

"Number one, I'm totally responsible for what I did at Youngstown State University. Every year, from the time I was on campus, from '88 to '91, Tressel had compliance seminars — not to deal with bookies, not to deal with drugs, not to deal with not buying or selling anything. I knew exactly what I was getting into when I met [booster] Mickey Monus. It is implied that on the first meeting that I had with Mickey Monus that I received $150. That is the biggest lie ever told. … Jim Tressel never ever knew anything about our dealings. I kept it secret. To say Coach Tressel knew about this car, or knew about this money, listen, the only way that anyone knew about the money I received was Mickey Monus got indicted on $1.1 million worth of embezzlement and fraud. In documents and public record, they found checks that were written to me. … That's the only way that this situation came to light. … Other than that, no one in the history of the world would have known the Mickey Monus paid me a dime."

Hew went on to call Epstein a liar.

ItalianPenguin:
Yeah, and now former Prez Cockroach is saying his quotes were taken out of context as well. When the heat is on, these guys are backpedaling faster than Deion Sanders. They probably said these things, but now don't want to own up to them.

Wick250:
IP,

Perhaps you are correct.  Isaac and Cochran certainly have credibility issues.  However, contemporary journalists have been known to misquote and fabricate in order to conform to their preconceived agenda. 

pennyguin1:
Wick-According to Bobby Knight the only thing the media can quote accurately is silence.

It will also be interesting to see all the NCAA violations OSU gets from this. I am sure there will be seasons forfeited, scholarships losts, and probably NO bowl games. Not even thinking about the death penalty

YSUGO:
This was nothing but a witch hunt..SI and all the other reporters have agendas..its not about quoting the facts and reporting as such...plus that SI article seemed like they really didnt or couldnt dig up any dirt new dirt so they piled on the crap...as for Cochran..he was a joke..everytime i drive by Penguin Place or whatever its called i think of what a waste that guy was ...as for Ray..and what he did ..old news ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version