YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bob Hannons letter to the editor

<< < (2/7) > >>

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on May 01, 2011, 07:56:30 PM ---Pita,

Please understand that some of us just do not care about Ohio State, and the troubles that Tressel is enduring have no interest for us.  I certainly appreciate what the man did for us for fifteen years, but it should be obvious that Tressel will not survive this.  He was doomed from the moment that he notified the quarterback's "handler" about the allegations instead of his AD or president.

--- End quote ---
Incredibly well said by Wick.

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on May 01, 2011, 08:10:19 PM ---

Please understand that some of us just do not care about Ohio State, and the troubles that Tressel is enduring have no interest for us.  I certainly appreciate what the man did for us for fifteen years, but it should be obvious that Tressel will not survive this.  He was doomed from the moment that he notified the quarterback's "handler" about the allegations instead of his AD or president.

--- End quote ---

Really...i guess you have a problem with the new indoor complex that he gave what a couple a million...we will have him take it back...and you can pick up the slack!!!! oh you can't!!!  JT will always be a part of our football legacy and unfortnately some of the haters can't understand that!!!

--- End quote ---
Wick never said Tressel isn't part of our legacy....he certainly is....but many of us just don't care what's going on at O$U.......Tress won't miss the money.....he and his wife are loaded......what is your infatuation with the dots after each statement?.....I think we used to do this in 3rd grade..........

guinpen:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on May 01, 2011, 08:10:19 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Really...i guess you have a problem with the new indoor complex that he gave what a couple a million...we will have him take it back...and you can pick up the slack!!!! oh you can't!!!  JT will always be a part of our football legacy and unfortnately some of the haters can't understand that!!!

--- End quote ---

Wick is correct, some people,(more then I would have thought) just do not care about JT anymore. Note that Wick did not say that he hates JT. Heck I do not hate JT, just do not care about him or osu. He was here he did well he moved on, so be it.

About the indoor complex, last I heard he did not donate a couple of million, thought that he was in for 500,000 and his inlaws for another 500,000. For sure that was very nice of him and certainly most of us could not afford to do the same so what's the point?

GoGuins:
As a Michigan fan, I'm really enjoying it all.  Yea, Tressel has Michigan's number, but he finally has what's coming to him.  He will not survive this and the NCAA will eventually bring down the hammer on him and the O$U program.  He brought sanctions to YSU and was lucky to survive the Clarett fiasco.  Teflon had several opportunities to come clean, but decided to cover it up and take his chances.  His once squeaky clean image is forever tarnished.  Liar, Liar, Vest on fire

Does anyone have a link to the Hannon article?

IAA Fan:
Tressel will more than survive this. In fact, if he did not agree to 5-games in advance, he would have had less. That being said. I still do not care. I drive past "the shoe' on my way to "the ice castle". Aside from spring games, I have only been to two OSU football games ...the one against the guins. As far as Hannon's letter ...is he that much of a coward? Why doesn't he just put it on his employer's web site ...not too many programs contribute more than OSU to the United Way. People here in Columbus know what is going on. If punishment is a year or more, they replace him. However, I think many of those people do not realize that the university cannot make him AD. That is the one thing this issue did do. I guess they could, but it would be very difficult to defend the choice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version