YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Bob Hannons letter to the editor

<< < (6/7) > >>

Wick250:
About 20% of the population of the Mahoning Valley still thinks that convicted felon, Jim Traficant, is not a criminal, and that he was "set up" by sinister forces, namely "the government."  Now in no way am I suggesting that Jim Tressel has the same moral character as Traficant, but the popular reaction to both men is similar.  People have the ability to suspend reality when it conflicts with their belief system.

HLecter:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on May 04, 2011, 09:24:37 AM --- :-\ I 'm feeling sorry for Mr. Tressel.  To compete at the highest level of Division 1 football both FCS and FBS you're forced to play dirty politics and turn a blind eye to the NCAA and its rules to be in the top tier.  Tress got caught, lied end of story.   He'll pay.  Who know how bad it will be but I'm sure it may be as bad as costing him his job as the HC at The Ohio State.  :o  I'm hoping for the best for Tress and his family.  Bottom line: The new way of doing business and NCAA football needs to be addressed.

--- End quote ---

Right on Red!  Let whatever college coach is without sin cast the first stone.

A monthly stipend for college athletes would be a good first step.

HLecter:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on May 04, 2011, 06:04:18 PM ---Sadly, the 5 culprits (athletes} that sold and traded {their stuff} will ruin JT's legacy, regardless if he stays or goes.  Yes JT made a poor judgement call to protect his family "(football team}, which any good parent would do.  The players arent saints, JT isnt a Saint , and the more how i see the NCAA operates they arent Saints, as well as the corrupt BCS.  I do agree with Penguinpower, ESPN is biased and have no creditabilty when it comes to college football.  They are the voice of the SEC.  The Auburn mess should prove it. Why no deluge of ESPN reporters on the Auburn campus when Cam Newton was exposed as the fraud that he is? But when the Clarett thing went down they looked every nook and crannie to paint a picture that OSU and JT are gangsters, thugs, and snake oil salesman.  They never tried to espose the coach at USC after the Bush scandal, gave Bowden a free pass as well.  Oregons trouble is hush, hush as well, with the recruiting service scandal.  Thats because whose one of the biggest advertisers Nike...Oregons biggest monetary booster connect the dots . The money trail is there. ESPN in my opinion is a joke.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of "dots", I miss them in your post.

Don't let others on here cramp your style.

I have a fever for more dots.

HLecter:

--- Quote from: guinpen on May 04, 2011, 08:56:42 PM ---Give me a break, ESPN, SEC, Auburn, Alabama, he is a nice guy, he is a good coach, he did not commit a crime, he is not a saint, he made a bad decision, he broke a rule, he lied, he is a big boy, he will pay the price, life will go on.

--- End quote ---

Now THAT ^^^^^ is bottom-lining it.  Good Job.

HLecter:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on May 05, 2011, 08:52:50 AM ---About 20% of the population of the Mahoning Valley still thinks that convicted felon, Jim Traficant, is not a criminal, and that he was "set up" by sinister forces, namely "the government."  Now in no way am I suggesting that Jim Tressel has the same moral character as Traficant, but the popular reaction to both men is similar.  People have the ability to suspend reality when it conflicts with their belief system.

--- End quote ---

Excellent!  And I think you will find it is more like 45%, sad as that is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version