Author Topic: U Mass to FBS, will join MAC for football only  (Read 14431 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: U Mass to FBS, will join MAC for football only
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
The NCAA admitted they will do nothing to an individual established MAC school, as long as the conference meets the requirements ...I think 15,118 was last year's average attendance. This is why they accepted Temple

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
I aree quinpen just a wanna be IA conference. At one time i wanted to go the MAC but i'm glad they turned us down. Let's just stay fcs.

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »
The NCAA admitted they will do nothing to an individual established MAC school, as long as the conference meets the requirements ...I think 15,118 was last year's average attendance. This is why they accepted Temple

Where did the NCAA admit they would do nothing to an idividual MAC school if the conference meets the requirements? i never saw that before. It's based on each idivudual school. I know the NCAA won't do anything about though because a lot of schools haven't met that requirement.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »
When they first put the rules in place, the NCAA gave the IA schools a moratorium. Then by doing nothing since, they have admitted they will do nothing. Then making the schools sell certain numbers of tickets to meet the requirements, I would say the NCAA is been quite lenient, but far from enforcing their own rules.