YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

No interest from YSU

(1/2) > >>

guinpen:
Guess that our coaches feel that we are set at RB (heck maybe we are) Article in the NC News reports that former Wilmington star and teammate of Carson Sharbaugh, Chris Burns is leaving Pitt for UMass. Will be a redshirt Junior. Delaware, James Madison, William & Mary, Slippery Rock, Old Dominion, Appalachian State and Georgia State also were interested.

Watched him in HS and thought that he could make an impact at our level and was surprised that he stayed at Pitt last year after two really good true freshmen beat him out his redshirt freshman season.

http://www.ncnewsmedia.com/archive/2011/04Apr/Chris_Burns/image0.htm

ps - I hate how the News breaks down stories so that you have to click to 4-5 pages to read what should be on one.

Train:
I can't believe he stayed at Pitt last year....the writing was on the wall with Lewis and Graham...my guess is he wanted
to go somewhere he knew he was going to get a lot of touches...and I do not think YSU was going to be that place...

Don't get me wrong...I saw him play plenty in High School....and he was unstoppable at times...we are just very deep at
tailback...at best I think he would fall to 3 or 4 on the depth chart...

newname:
I don't know anything about this kid but I would assume that if Pitt signed him, he had to have some type of talent carrying the ball.  But with the highest recruiting abilities in the land here at YSU, it does not surprise me that we would not be interested in him.  We have the knowledge and ability to recruit the best of the best! Wasn't that this coaches claim to fame - he knows how to recruit!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Train on April 07, 2011, 10:02:36 AM ---I can't believe he stayed at Pitt last year....the writing was on the wall with Lewis and Graham...

--- End quote ---

His brother was a freshman at Pitt last year, I assume that played onto it.

YsuPride:
Who cares?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version