Author Topic: Dear Horizon League Office  (Read 6994 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Dear Horizon League Office
« on: March 26, 2011, 10:30:51 PM »
I believe I read the other day that each unit earned in the NCAA tournament gets a payout of about $250k this year.  And each game won by the league counts for six seasons.  So Butler's run the last two years will bring some serious coin to the HL.
Please mandate that any increase in distributions that gets kicked to YSU be used on men's basketball - increase the recruiting budget, increase the coaching salary pool, something to plow back in to the program.  Lets face it, the league can raise their standing even more if the bottom of the league can step it up.

Thank you for your consideration,

YSU Basketball Fans

Big D

Re: Dear Horizon League Office
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 11:14:11 PM »
Butler Gets A Bigger Piece Of Winning Pie

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42273328

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:35:22 AM »
Will extra money solve our problems?  As long as Strollo and Slocum are here we are a 10 win program at best.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »
Agreed Pride...the defenders of.." what do u expect when we have no money" and we should just be happy we field a team ...BUT we are in the Horizon.." stuff is getting old...and then i will get blasted by a few of the long time posters for ...being too critical

Strollo is on record that he knows W's will be not the emphasis ...what coach would come here and believes he has a chance? We are IN  over our heads being in the Horizon....JUST BECAUSE BUTLER IS in the FINAL FOUR.. doesnt mean squat ...its embarrassing to see that a few are HAPPY to see that because of us recieving a BUTLER  handout of some of their hard earned cash...Seriously ..it is embarrassing...

Strollo isnt going anywhere...when the installed the local girl in as PREZ sealed that deal....so be ready for another 10-13 win season for SLOCUM...thats what is expected that is where STROLLO has set the bar...a bar of mediocrity..at least in mens BB

A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »
Guys,

I dislike Strollo as much as anybody, and I agree with your accusations about our AD.  But it is starting to get annoying when every thread gets diverted into a anti-Strollo/Slocum diatribe.  Twice in the past week, Indy has posted a unique topic and both times this diversion has happened.  Let's show our colleagues some respect and stop hijacking their threads.  We are perfectly free to start a "Strollo or Slocum stinks" thread at any time.

Indy,

I never thought about this.  One would think that we spend the tournament money on basketball, but you never know.  The league edict that you propose would be very helpful.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »
Wick - I am sure that the "base" NCAA tournament money, whatever that may be, is part of a budget and is probably spoken for as part of the big picture.  But lets go back to 2009-2010 school year budget and I am sure the amount that is going to get budgeted for the 2011-2012 school year budget is higher.

We all figure the blood money from football is helping fund the increase in football coaching salaries.  That makes sense. I just would like to know that the increase in NCAA money goes to helping men's basketball.  Whether it is spent wisely is another discussion for another time and another thread. 

Big D - Thanks for the link - it seems over the years info on how the HL splits the pie has been hard to find.  I like the current approach - although all it is going to do is make Butler even more able to sit at the top of the league.  Now if the March and April bandwagon fans would start selling out Hinkle every game.  Of course I would like to see Butler take some of the cash and get some modern restrooms in that place.   ;D

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
A couple of Tweets from CNBC's Darren Rovell

2 Apr Favorite Retweet Reply » darrenrovell darren rovell
Win or lose Monday, Butler's run in tourney means $7 million to Horizon paid out over next 6 years.

darrenrovell darren rovell
Before the $7 million is split with the rest of the Horizon over the next 6 years, Butler will get about $500K off the top.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »
Strollo can now hire a few more Assistant AD's then spend more on the Swim team. 

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 04:36:26 PM »
Will extra money solve our problems?  As long as Strollo and Slocum are here we are a 10 win program at best.

Hilarious....thread from 4 years ago.......
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen