YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League "Off-Season" news

<< < (5/5)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: guinpen on April 16, 2011, 08:32:46 PM ---I don't see us playing Kent or Akron in football ever again - unless - something very drastic happens to our program or theirs. Talking someone changing divisions!

They do not have the money to pay us big bucks and I just do not see a recruit coming to YSU because they may get a chance to play either one of them, yea yea. Penn St, Ohio St, Mich St are worth getting pumped up about, not some low end MAC schools.

--- End quote ---

I am talking about Kent or Akron in addition to a 'money game'. With the expansion, the conference will only require we play 8 conference teams each season. This leaves 3 open games (four games every 4th year).

1. money
2. rival
3. warm-up.

We need one more team in the MVFC.

ysuindy:
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/csu/index.ssf/2011/04/transfers_clear_way_for_viking.html

As expected, Cleveland State had several postseason defections on the men’s basketball team, three so far — all of which combine to deplete the Vikings bench of its experience. Gone are 6-10 Joe Latas, 6-7 Charlie Woods and 6-4 Josh McCoy.

This makes six players who have transferred in the past two seasons for Cleveland State but clears the decks for the bulk of the five-man recruiting class coach Gary Waters signed back in November. And, if Internet recruiting sites are accurate, the Vikings still are out recruiting. They are on the hunt for a post player, reportedly, with offers on the table to 6-8, 240-pound Dwight Miller from Midland College, a junior college in Texas, and 6-9, 240-pound Ibrahima Djimde from Huntington (W.Va.) Prep.

However, should one of these post players commit to CSU, yet another player will have to transfer to make room.

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 28, 2011, 05:15:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on April 16, 2011, 08:32:46 PM ---I don't see us playing Kent or Akron in football ever again - unless - something very drastic happens to our program or theirs. Talking someone changing divisions!

They do not have the money to pay us big bucks and I just do not see a recruit coming to YSU because they may get a chance to play either one of them, yea yea. Penn St, Ohio St, Mich St are worth getting pumped up about, not some low end MAC schools.

--- End quote ---

I am talking about Kent or Akron in addition to a 'money game'. With the expansion, the conference will only require we play 8 conference teams each season. This leaves 3 open games (four games every 4th year).

1. money
2. rival
3. warm-up.

--- End quote ---
Why are you two hijacking the basketball thread talking about football schedules?

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ItalianPenguin on April 29, 2011, 12:32:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 28, 2011, 05:15:36 PM ---

--- End quote ---

1. money
2. rival
3. warm-up.

--- End quote ---
Why are you two hijacking the basketball thread talking about football schedules?

--- End quote ---

Looked back and saw the segue - no harm no foul - back to BB.

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: ysuindy on April 28, 2011, 04:03:04 PM ---Updates on Valpo's Brandon Wood and Butler's Shelvin Mack and their declarations for the NBA draft.  I had not previously heard that Wood is likely to transfer to grad school in the Big Ten if he doesn't stay in the draft.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/6443622/reaction-new-names-nba-draft-list

• Valparaiso leading scorer Brandon Wood declared for the draft. But according to Valpo assistant coach Bryce Drew, Wood wanted to see the process and get a sense of where he stood. If he doesn't hear anything positive, then he will withdraw from the draft. But there is another curveball. Wood is a fourth-year junior at Valpo and is graduating. He started his career at Southern Illinois and went to a junior college for a year. The Crusaders aren't expecting Wood to return, even if he were to withdraw with the option that Wood would transfer to a Big Ten school for graduate school and a fifth year. One option for him might be Michigan State, according to a source. If Wood were to join the Spartans, it would be a huge pickup because of his ability to score from the perimeter.

--- End quote ---

Saw today that Wood will indeed play next year for Michigan State.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version