YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Tournaments

<< < (2/4) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Penguin fans,

Even though the Penguins got passed over by the NCAA bracket selection committee , there is no reason Penguin fans can't still have fun trying their luck in a bracket. I've set up a group called "Penguin Nation" at the following site:

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=95151

Just find the group "Penguin Nation", register and pick away. It's free and the winner gets unlimited bragging rights.

IAA Fan:
Football loses Money? This is YSU not Kent State. Football does now, and has always paid for all sports since the 70's. Football makes serious $$$ at YSU. Unfortunately, not enough to support an NCAA power basketball club, or a MAC-level athletic budget. I remember when Narduzzi knocked on every door in the valley to get the Ice Castle built, as they would not break budget. Of course, this new staff is costing a bundle, but we hope they pay for themselves.

southbeach:
There are several financial statement available online which are part of althletic dept fillings to the NCAA
which show that our football program does not make money. Also shows that none of our programs make money. Its only the student activity fees that bring our athletic budget into the black. Earliest statements are from 2004. Latest is 2008.

ELPENGUIN:
yes South Beach is correct.  He showed me the site and had proof as reported by the NCAA.  If it were not for our student fees, we would be real toast.

Penguin Nation:
The women's brackets are out tonight, so if you want to match your prognostic skills against other Penguin fans, than hit the link below and find the group "Penguin Nation". Make your picks and enjoy the dance.

Horizon League champs Green Bay should go far as a 5th seed. Ohio State, the Big 10 champs for the 3rd year in a row, are a fourth seed. Five Big Ten teams are in, proving how strong the Big Ten is in WBB.

http://games.espn.go.com/tcwomen/en/frontpage

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version