YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Rach leaves YSU football team.

<< < (2/3) > >>

ysuguins4:
That's too bad.  This puts the pressure on Sprague and Cheaib to step up.

newname:
"Decision was not football related" - was that Wolford's contribution the article?  I agree, you will probably see quite a few more leave before September.  I hope his recruiting abilities are as great as he claims they are.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: newname on March 09, 2011, 09:46:09 AM ---"Decision was not football related" - was that Wolford's contribution the article?  I agree, you will probably see quite a few more leave before September.  I hope his recruiting abilities are as great as he claims they are.

--- End quote ---

Not to ask the obvious BUT you say it was not football related, so that means it had nothing to do with a possible change of position, possibility of not starting or not getting along with the coaching staff - correct.

newname:
guin, you completely missed my point.  I am certain it was football related.  That is Wolford's response to every player that has left his program. And there have been more this year than in probably in the history of YSU football combined.  How many Heacock era players are left? That is what I meant when I said - I hope his recruiting abilities are as good as he THINKS they are?   I have not been impressed with anything about him (on or off the field) but this season will tell because he now will have a team that is almost completely his and he can no longer blame his losses on other people.

Wick250:
It all comes down to how a person responds to these two questions.  First, what percentage of the football team that Wolford inherited from Heacock were legitimate FCS players?  Second, of that group, how many had the talent to restore our national prominence?  Those that had a high opinion of Heacock's recruiting abilities are alarmed at the massive turnover.  Those that felt that half the team under Heacock consisted of D2 players applaud the turnover.  Like all coaches, Wolford gets three years to prove himself.  If we fail to make the playoffs by 2012, I and many others will be calling for his removal.  But even if Wolford can not get the job done, it does not change the fact that Heacock failed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version