YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Signing Day - Youngstown State Penguin Class of 2011

<< < (3/3)

YSUGO:
I was impressed in what we recruited..it looks like we got some gems, some guys with heighth and size ..we are slowly building a D1 team with legit heights and weights ...how many times have we said by watching warmups that we looked smallish...i think that is changing...

IAA Fan:
Nice post Wick. I would add that we were only able to get some of these locals because it was a down year ...and he recruited a very high level. Only coach T did better, when he was selling local recruits with a move to the MAC. As the local prep talent goes up, we may continue to pull in the upper-tier as well. We can do that if a couple of these locals stay out of trouble and are successful. One thing I would not agree with ...it was coach H that first heavily-recruited CA. Just a trip down memory lane:

Andre Mason
Ian Dominelli
Dave Hong
Jake Anderson
Sherod Holmes
Kevin Smith
Crispin Fernandez

It was coach W himself that said he was not a California guy. I was very happy to see him rethink his position and get out there to some of those JUCO's. Staying in the upper east coast and GA made me very happy as well. Maybe we can start taking  some of these SoCon and CAA prospects.

guinpen:
I am intrigued by the linebacker Bam Bam played a lot of position from d-line to safety.

IAA Fan:
I was reading that JUCO commit Pratt chose YSU over Missouri State and Southern Utah. Says he was initially offered to BYU.

HLecter:
Wick said "It will be a good thing to see quality players leave because they cannot get on the field rather than to see players leave because they could not compete at this level.  We experienced way too much of the latter during the past decade."

Great point.

If you are a YSU fan, you have to be excited with this class.

YSUGO also made a great point about the heights and weights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version