YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

New Basketball Coach

<< < (2/4) > >>

HLecter:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 01, 2011, 07:54:27 PM ---Dan Peters left primarily because he was frustrated coaching basketball at a football school where the athletic director was also the football coach.  So he would jump at the opportunity to return to the football school where the athletic director was a former football player for his old boss.  He would love to compete in the Horizon League with a lower recruiting budget than any rival.  He would enjoy trying to rebuild a program in this amazingly fertile basketball recruiting zone called the Mahoning Valley.  Yep, seem perfectly logical to me. :P

--- End quote ---

I agree.  Pipe Dreams.  IP---weigh in on this please.

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: guinpen on February 01, 2011, 08:05:25 PM ---Hey, here is a thought, hire Peters back as the head BB coach and also make him the Athletic Director. New head coach with some wins, 1 guy covering two positions, heck should free up some cash for recruiting.

Poetic justice as it were!

--- End quote ---
I always thought Peters did too much yelling and screaming, but if it gets rid of Strollo, I'm all for it.

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: HLecter on February 02, 2011, 12:00:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on February 01, 2011, 07:54:27 PM ---Dan Peters left primarily because he was frustrated coaching basketball at a football school where the athletic director was also the football coach.  So he would jump at the opportunity to return to the football school where the athletic director was a former football player for his old boss.  He would love to compete in the Horizon League with a lower recruiting budget than any rival.  He would enjoy trying to rebuild a program in this amazingly fertile basketball recruiting zone called the Mahoning Valley.  Yep, seem perfectly logical to me. :P

--- End quote ---

I agree.  Pipe Dreams.  IP---weigh in on this please.

--- End quote ---
Lecter--I plead the 5th!! I'll comment after the season is over. I will say that Peters has neither the qualifications or desire to be an AD.

ysuindy:
Interesting poll question - not sure either is the right approach.  About the only former player I can think of that might even be remotely qualified is Joe Lombardi. 

And do we want another coach from IUP (Cindy Martin) or a Division II school in Pennsylvania?  I think it would be a hard sell.

Is there another former player I am not thinking of?

Pita:
For my years (47) of BB Coaches at YSU.

1.  Dom Rossellie is gone.........because of his dedication to YSU....hard to duplicate.
2.  Dan Peters....I'll hedge by...never approved of him....having said that...he left once
     why would he return??????
3.  Lombardi....what is his salary as an Assistant at Pitt...could we even match that
    which I have no idea what it is.
4.  WHO????  """WITH"""basketball talent, you know like making a free shot, or a simple
     lay up.......would want to come to YSU....because YSU has been in the dump yard for way
     too many years.  Rebuilding would take a "used car salesman" in my opinion.

All this I lay on the table.  To which I'll add a few questions.

How do you blame Coach Slocum for this??
How do you blame Ron Strollo for this??
Would you not question......did we advance to a division
that certainly is above our capabiliities?

Who is to blame for that????  I will rest my case with WHO is at fault.
It is my belief that this is the core of the problem.

Hopefully, we will live to see it turned around.

GO PENGUINS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version