Author Topic: SDSU week  (Read 2848 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
SDSU week
« on: October 08, 2024, 09:32:30 AM »
Let's see where we are, go Guins!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: SDSU week
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2024, 10:37:01 AM »
I'd say we're in big trouble.  They'll be able to play a vanilla offense and score at will and Beau will be running for his life.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 10:51:12 AM »
To quote goodnews.  "I'd say we're in big trouble".

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2024, 12:09:53 PM »
Any lines out yet? Maybe SDSU -31.5? Or is that too generous LOL

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2024, 02:59:49 PM »
Any lines out yet? Maybe SDSU -31.5? Or is that too generous LOL

I just found that on line. YSU (+28) O/U 55

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2024, 03:24:27 PM »
Did everybody see what this team did to Northern Iowa in the UNI Dome? And they called off the dogs for the fourth quarter.

SDSU will score every time that they have the ball through three quarters. We won't score at all. They are that good and we are that bad.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2024, 04:24:59 PM »
Did everybody see what this team did to Northern Iowa in the UNI Dome? And they called off the dogs for the fourth quarter.

SDSU will score every time that they have the ball through three quarters. We won't score at all. They are that good and we are that bad.
Let us hope SDSU HC did not get a phone call from Pat Narduzzi….
Frankly, I was surprised that the spread is only 28.
If BB does not try to throw couple longer sideline passes, their corners will play our receivers tight to take away our short passes. Their safeties will then move up near the LOS to load the box. The R in our RPO will not work.

We then will have to do the Lawerence Welk famous dance routine (1, 2, 3 and kick), Lol.
I could be wrong….

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2024, 04:29:06 PM »
59 to 7 Jackrabbits.   They will score on all possible possessions but maybe 1.   They will get over 550 yards and we get 150 or less.  We just are that bad.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2024, 05:45:59 AM »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2024, 07:44:15 AM »
Geez after reading that I wonder if my prediction is correct or will we even score.  My guess we will have more 3 and outs than Pitt game and get beat up.  Idk if my 59-7 prediction is accurate.   Is the game going to be carried on local TV or just espn +???.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2024, 08:10:24 AM »
Pretty sure that this game will not be a true indication of where we are as a team. Last year we were playing better and they still handled us at our house. Looking for a good effort from our guys.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2024, 09:52:48 AM »
Pretty sure that this game will not be a true indication of where we are as a team. Last year we were playing better and they still handled us at our house. Looking for a good effort from our guys.

Having good team effort has really not been a problems so far. Players have tried hard and been enthusiastic thus far in the season.
I think most of us on this board have observed the following (I am just stating the obvious):

1. Poor defensive scheme
2. Poor effective offensive plays due to lack of a passing game by the QB
3. Inability to stop their running QB
4. Gave up too many big plays
5 Too many penalties and mental mistakes especially on critical downs
6. Inability to make necessary adjustments during game and/or after intermission.
7. Our QB’s inability to read the defense in the RPO to find open receivers. Too much run first mentality once the primary receiver was covered (instead of looking for check down or secondary receivers).

We do have good running backs and receivers. Without an effective QB, their efforts were often wasted. This was the same situation with Crenshaw as QB (with MD standing on the sideline) a few years ago. Our coaches wasted 2 years before switching to MD.

Go penguins

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2024, 12:36:52 PM »

Having good team effort has really not been a problems so far. Players have tried hard and been enthusiastic thus far in the season.
I think most of us on this board have observed the following (I am just stating the obvious):

1. Poor defensive scheme
2. Poor effective offensive plays due to lack of a passing game by the QB
3. Inability to stop their running QB
4. Gave up too many big plays
5 Too many penalties and mental mistakes especially on critical downs
6. Inability to make necessary adjustments during game and/or after intermission.
7. Our QB’s inability to read the defense in the RPO to find open receivers. Too much run first mentality once the primary receiver was covered (instead of looking for check down or secondary receivers).

We do have good running backs and receivers. Without an effective QB, their efforts were often wasted. This was the same situation with Crenshaw as QB (with MD standing on the sideline) a few years ago. Our coaches wasted 2 years before switching to MD.

Go penguins

ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS ARE TRUE.  NO ONE WANTS TO ACCEPT THAT OUR PROBLEMS ARE COACHING RELATED. 

RECRUITING
GAME PLANS
ADJUSTMENTS
SCHEMES
PLAYER RETENTION

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2024, 02:19:04 PM »
For how much I want to believe we will play better I just don’t see it happening this week. I agree that we have QB problems and the inability to stretch defenses is haunting us and will continue. Defensively, we are lacking in all aspects and will not be able to stop SDSU. We won’t be able to stop Gronowski on any series until he comes out of the game on the 3rd quarter. 56-21. It’s Hobo Day in Brookings,  they will unleash the hobos on us. We score in some garbage time. We have to have a Villanova type game. Otherwise Pitt 2.0.

Go Guins!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2024, 07:04:13 PM »
The Penguins are on the road at the #1 ranked team in the country for game 7.  If you dont think there is something really wrong with the program this is post #14 for this week's game thread.  Oh, and kickoff is less than 24 hours away.