Author Topic: Duquesne game  (Read 1650 times)

Offline IronGuin14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Duquesne game
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2024, 03:58:58 PM »
I honestly felt bad for not renewing my season tickets for this year - today I feel vindicated. DP & Strollo should have had to answer all offseason why there was such an exodus of players - I think we found out yesterday. This program is on life support - Bring on basketball season!!!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2024, 04:39:05 PM »
Strollo couldn't raise money to replace the ancient chairbacks and bleachers in Beeghly.  All programs are on shoe string budget at YSU compared to other schools.  We are in the bottom 3rd or worse in both the MVFC and Horizon league.  Yes, there have been facility improvements but no real big money to make a difference.  Who should we hold accountable for that?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2024, 10:29:19 AM »
Strollo couldn't raise money to replace the ancient chairbacks and bleachers in Beeghly.  All programs are on shoe string budget at YSU compared to other schools.  We are in the bottom 3rd or worse in both the MVFC and Horizon league.  Yes, there have been facility improvements but no real big money to make a difference.  Who should we hold accountable for that?

Tressel was president since 2014. Thats where I would start.  We may not like where college sports has gone, but thats where it is.  YSU has to decide whether to compete in this environment or decide to move down.  One way to compete is to go after coaches who arent from the "Valley."  It doesnt seem to be working.  Fortunately for basketball(and other sports), true national hires were made.