YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

preseason YSU football ranking

<< < (2/7) > >>

guinpen:
Hate to see that is what others think of our program, but I get it. I do feel that we are getting better ever so slowly. Yea it is ancient history now but we were there at one time, and we allowed the decline.

Have been watching the play-off games from the 90's over the last couple of weeks, we were so good, so fun to watch. Again that was a long time ago, but it still bothers me that while we were not able to maintain 4 of the teams above us were D2 in the 90s. They not only moved up but passed us up. So many of the teams we were playing have moved up.

Waiting for my season tickets.

The YO Show:
YSU has a good chance with the talent on the team this year to outperform this preseason forecast.

IAA Fan:
Two things:

1. Davidson really played well last year, so he will be missed.
2. DI college ball is just like the NFL now. They had to fill a need, so they simply put all the passing/receiving duties on the receivers. All QB's have to do now is get the ball within a couple of feet of the WR; then the receiver fights for the ball. I bet there are not 10 QB's in the division that can "hit a player between the numbers", beyond 10-yards out. This system simply makes poor QB's look good.

YsuPride:
I think the pre season poll is spot on.  If we can get lucky with QB play and play halfway decent defense we can finish in top 5.  Staying healthy as well.  SDSU AND PITT definitely a loss and possibly Villanova on the road.  We probably need to go 8-4 to be considered.   Thoughts??

goodnews:
The fact is we are now in the bottom half of the conference.  If we make it to 5 th we've beaten NO one.   Its been years since this program won a game they shouldn't. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version