YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

preseason YSU football ranking

<< < (5/7) > >>

The YO Show:
DP was incredibly optimistic in MVFC media day and in answering a question about grueling schedule with no bye week, he was saying he was confident we would be fine because our depth has gotten to where it needs to be, he was confident in all four running backs for example and talked about how depth was a point of emphasis for him when ever since he took over the program (slight paraphrasing). Coach does sound incredibly optimistic, most I have ever heard him be.

dwj:
I remember last year how the coach said how good our defense was going into the season.  It turned out to be the worst we had since Wolford.  Coach just spewing coach talk. 

YsuPride:
Villanova will be the telling point. We need to contain there offense or it's going to be a long year.  6-6 is my prediction

YSUGO:
Let’s see 10 new starters on Defense
Lost you’d QB1 and WR 1

40 new faces on team.  Not a recipe for building a program

NIL and thd transfer rule has made it even harder to recruit here at YSU.  From what heard our LT could have left for $$$ but didn’t bolt yet. The economics are against us if we recruit and develop a lot will be poached now.  Expect more defections if we are decent.

QB is unproven and now with NiL etc unless we pay for a decent one nobody’s coming if none guys pan out.
But 10 new guys on D that’s atrocious and honestly if we get lit up it’s on Philips .  5 or 6 wins  if less than 4 the clocks ticking

YsuPride:
I totally agree with YsuGo.   Defense will need to be better.  Brutal schedule and many difficult road games.  I said it last time 6-6 at the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version