YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

preseason YSU football ranking

<< < (3/7) > >>

Wick250:
This is the hardest schedule in the history of the school. We will be in the top five nationally in SOS. We won't be favored in any of our six road games. If Phillips can go 7-5, it will be his best coaching to date. And 7-5 will mean three wins against ranked teams (not counting the two weak non-conference home opponents, Indiana State, and Missouri State, who might or might not be good.)

goodnews:
If we aren't 4-2 its likely a .500 season or worse

InTheYo:
To me the key to this season is the QB play. Interestingly, I do think the defense will be better than last year (can it get any worse) with all the defections, a new DC, and new talent brought in via the portal. The glimpses of what I saw in spring give me some hope on that side of the ball.

So can our offense put up similar numbers to last year's squad? I have my doubts currently, but we do have a lot of talent returning on the OL, WR, and have a damn good RB duo of King/Wright. We just need a QB that can throw around the field or the defenses in our league will load up the box, like the Crenshaw days, and we will struggle come league play.

Wick250:

--- Quote from: goodnews on July 24, 2024, 12:33:36 AM ---If we aren't 4-2 its likely a .500 season or worse

--- End quote ---

Agreed. The conference opener on the road at Missouri State will define our entire season.

dwj:
We are probably looking at 5-7 this year.  2-2 going into league play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version