YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MBB Non-Conference Schedule

<< < (8/10) > >>

goodnews:
Maybe I should've clarified my thoughts.  Yes, schools have closed that are much smaller then YSU.  I just think that there is a very good possibility that academia in states like Ohio and PA r gonna be in trouble. The enrollment in schools in the rust belt are down.  Although D2 the PSAC already merged 6 schools to 2.  Ohio leads all states in enrollment decline in higher education.  CSU has tough decisions regarding its future. The question is where does YSU continue to get funds to be.competive in academics and athletics?  Fortunately
YSU has a nice size endowment  Anyway, if u think big schools don't have problems think again.

YsuPride:
What does this have to do with home games against d1 schools .    What does this nonsense about schools merging  have to do with quality HOME GAMES AGAINS D1 SCHOOLS.  Makes no sense to me. 

goodnews:
Let me give you and the rest of the board a quick finance class and reality check. No one wants to come to Beeghly to play a game.  Further more it makes NO sense to financially to pay a visiting team $50,000+ for a home game.   

YsuPride:
Money is the issue and not schools closing or combining.

goodnews:
Isn't it always about money?  Why do you think Strollo is clarifying that the renovations to Beeghly is from private donors? The fallout from the academic community would be catastrophic. Just so you know I bet Westminster and Bethany are each getting paid $20-$25k to play at Beeghly.  The $90k pay days at OSU and Syracuse go quick when you have to travel an entire season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version