YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

baseball coaches

<< < (2/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
I think we should point out that the lower divisions have much more scholarship opportunity in both baseball and men's soccer than a DI program. I know for Ohio State, many of the hopeful players go to Columbus State Community College because it is a JUCO program and has over twice as many scholarships to offer as OSU. Also it is direct pipeline to admission at OSU.

Wick250:
There is a media report that assistant coach Trevor Charpie will be promoted to the top job.

On the surface, I find it strange that you would elevate an assistant from such a bad program. On the other hand, Charpie was here only one season, so he is hardly to blame for the bad recruiting and high turnover in the program.  Also, he was a minor league pitcher, and boy do we need to improve that vital phase of the game.

We shall see how this works out. Perhaps this was the best Strollo could do for this less than attractive job.

33Y0:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on June 28, 2024, 08:53:43 AM ---There is a media report that assistant coach Trevor Charpie will be promoted to the top job.

On the surface, I find it strange that you would elevate an assistant from such a bad program. On the other hand, Charpie was here only one season, so he is hardly to blame for the bad recruiting and high turnover in the program.  Also, he was a minor league pitcher, and boy do we need to improve that vital phase of the game.

We shall see how this works out. Perhaps this was the best Strollo could do for this less than attractive job.

--- End quote ---

YSU “hired” another coach… he met with the team and everything and then called Strollo a few hours later to back out. This guy was the best we could do given the circumstances, and I mean no disrespect.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: 33Y0 on June 29, 2024, 10:16:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on June 28, 2024, 08:53:43 AM ---There is a media report that assistant coach Trevor Charpie will be promoted to the top job.

--- End quote ---

YSU “hired” another coach… he met with the team and everything and then called Strollo a few hours later to back out. This guy was the best we could do given the circumstances, and I mean no disrespect.

--- End quote ---

When did this happen

33Y0:

--- Quote from: guinpen on June 29, 2024, 10:33:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: 33Y0 on June 29, 2024, 10:16:10 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

When did this happen

--- End quote ---

Early on in the process. It’s why they made the move to fire in the first place because they thought they had their ducks in a row for said candidate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version