YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

baseball coaches

<< < (3/4) > >>

ysuhoops24:
I've heard the same about the coach hired early on in the process and from what I've heard the budget that was going to be at his disposal including his and staff salary and other budget issues was the driving force behind his backing out. 

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on June 29, 2024, 09:02:20 PM ---I've heard the same about the coach hired early on in the process and from what I've heard the budget that was going to be at his disposal including his and staff salary and other budget issues was the driving force behind his backing out.

--- End quote ---

I hate hearing things like this, if you can't do it right don't do it.

Wick250:

--- Quote from: guinpen on June 29, 2024, 09:50:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on June 29, 2024, 09:02:20 PM ---I've heard the same about the coach hired early on in the process and from what I've heard the budget that was going to be at his disposal including his and staff salary and other budget issues was the driving force behind his backing out.

--- End quote ---

I hate hearing things like this, if you can't do it right don't do it.

--- End quote ---

I will repeat a point that I made last month. We will never be able to compete financially with the Horizon League contenders in baseball. On the men's side, baseball is our fourth priority. At Wright State and Northern Kentucky, baseball is the second priority. Our two choices, both of which are distasteful, are these: have baseball muddle along underfunded or replace baseball with the travesty of a men's sport called soccer.

nova75:
YSU has been selling a bill of goods for a quarter century with the “we have no money” BS. If they really wanted to improve the sports programs, they would find it. What we’re seeing is the results of low coach pay, low recruiting budgets, etc. it has created a product that is inferior in most sports. It’s sad because there is a huge alumni base that would love and support a better product on the field.

goodnews:

--- Quote from: nova75 on June 30, 2024, 12:14:34 PM ---YSU has been selling a bill of goods for a quarter century with the “we have no money” BS. If they really wanted to improve the sports programs, they would find it. What we’re seeing is the results of low coach pay, low recruiting budgets, etc. it has created a product that is inferior in most sports. It’s sad because there is a huge alumni base that would love and support a better product on the field.

--- End quote ---
Amen! The AD has been the Captain of the Ship for nearly a quarter century.  Before anyone comments about his accolades. The Fifth Ave complex was planned way back in the 90s.  The WATTS is the namesake of the former coach and his wife's family.  The press box and theater in Stambaugh were secured by the former President.  The families clearly stated they donated the funds  because of Tressel during the dedication ceremonies.  Not to mention he secured the intramural field from Cafaros and likely the money from Corelli for the support of the Fifth Ave complex. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version