YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

baseball coaches

(1/4) > >>

hof222:
w hat is going on with the ysu baseball  coaches. the school has not released any info.have the coaches been  let go and any idea who is being looked at to replace them?

YSUGO:
Due to lack of real funding to have a Competitive program.  I love baseball but maybe it needs to be shut down.  Use the money to start a different mens sport.

Wick250:
hof222,

The baseball coach has been let go. I have heard absolutely nothing about a possible replacement.

Go,

The Horizon League mandates that all schools participate in men's basketball and either baseball or men's soccer. A replacement for baseball would have to be soccer, which I would personally consider to be an atrocity. However, soccer has a smaller roster size. That sport requires virtually no equipment, and we have our own facility. Financially it probably makes sense to replace baseball with soccer, much as I despise that stupid sport.

YSUGO:
Soccer probably would cheaper.  I was thinking lacrosse swimming or wrestling

InTheYo:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on June 22, 2024, 07:59:15 PM ---hof222,

The baseball coach has been let go. I have heard absolutely nothing about a possible replacement.

Go,

The Horizon League mandates that all schools participate in men's basketball and either baseball or men's soccer. A replacement for baseball would have to be soccer, which I would personally consider to be an atrocity. However, soccer has a smaller roster size. That sport requires virtually no equipment, and we have our own facility. Financially it probably makes sense to replace baseball with soccer, much as I despise that stupid sport.

--- End quote ---
Now now Wick... don't be hating on soccer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version