YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU and the MAC

<< < (2/7) > >>

Cimo7:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on June 17, 2024, 09:22:32 PM ---What’s IRRELEVANT is FCS Football.  What’s Irrelevant is what has happened to the football program playing in a conference that the best we will ever finish is 3rd and once every 10 years maybe 2nd.  We either need to step up or drop down.  Staying where we are only destroys what little fan base we have.

--- End quote ---

100%

YsuPride:
I totally agree.   We need to take up the offer if we are invited to the Mac.  Makes sense and even I lost interest in FCS football as of the past few years.   I think with expanded scholarships we can compete with any MAC school in football and basketball.   Just think of the local kids going to the other MAC schools.  We would eliminate that.  Fcs will no longer  exist in about 5 years. 

YsuPride:
Mercyhurst on 2025 schedule and at Towson. Fbs Schedules reports. 

PENS16:
Going to the MAC would make us a little less irrelevant than we are now. As low as the MAC is in FBS it is still more relevant than FCS. The only game of the year FCS gets noticed is the money games. IAA championship on CBS made it seem relevant. FCS championship on ESPN2 opposite NFL playoffs not so relevant.

Cimo7:

--- Quote from: PENS16 on June 18, 2024, 01:57:55 PM ---Going to the MAC would make us a little less irrelevant than we are now. As low as the MAC is in FBS it is still more relevant than FCS. The only game of the year FCS gets noticed is the money games. IAA championship on CBS made it seem relevant. FCS championship on ESPN2 opposite NFL playoffs not so relevant.

--- End quote ---

MAC gets a lot of nationally televised week night games during the season. Nobody thinks the MAC is relevant in terms of competing with big time FBS conferences but i would rather that irrelevancy that comes with some local rivalries and some national exposure then the nothingness that is the FCS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version