YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU to Name Ethan Faulkner MBB Coach!

<< < (5/30) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
Molinari is probably going to USU and not sure about the other two.  Coach Faulkner has a lot of work to do between recruiting and putting together a coaching staff.  Almost forgot he has to rerecruit the players from last season.

goodnews:
If you ask me this is a lot like the Phillips hire.  On the job training with limited resources for assistant coaches.  Also, I would think Faulkner has to be one of the youngest coaches in D1.  Hopefully his enthusiasm and hunger make up for his inexperience.

PeteGuinYo:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on April 01, 2024, 08:23:19 PM ---Molinari is probably going to USU and not sure about the other two.  Coach Faulkner has a lot of work to do between recruiting and putting together a coaching staff.  Almost forgot he has to rerecruit the players from last season.

--- End quote ---
Paul Molinari, Manny Robinson and Ben Asher are all going to Utah State with Coach Calhoun.  Utah State press conference today to introduce Jerrod

mudclods:

--- Quote from: goodnews on April 01, 2024, 08:57:12 PM ---If you ask me this is a lot like the Phillips hire.  On the job training with limited resources for assistant coaches.  Also, I would think Faulkner has to be one of the youngest coaches in D1.  Hopefully his enthusiasm and hunger make up for his inexperience.

--- End quote ---

He definitely has enthusiasm!

From a February 20 article: "Tevon Saddler, the youngest coach in Division I men’s basketball, has Nicholls State in its accustomed position near the top of the Southland Conference heading into his 29th birthday on Wednesday."

Faulkner is 33

Wick250:
I just have one question about Faulkner. Was he actively engaged along with Calhoun in recruiting from the transfer portal over the last two seasons?  If he was, we might be okay. But if Faulkner just recruited freshmen and had little hands-on experience with the portal, then the program is in serious trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version