YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Coaches/Portal

<< < (16/19) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: mudclods on March 28, 2024, 05:08:09 AM ---So John Lovelace is going to Milwaukee, ehh https://twitter.com/ACNY2LA/status/1773163958611870198?t=KCUbaQblmio3AKCWPkbe3g&s=19

--- End quote ---

Not a surprise for him to be going home.

guinpen:
Here is a quote from the Oakland coach.

"He's going to get offered so much money and I can't [match that]. We've got a 'Keep Trey Townsend Fund' going from our [NIL] collective, and we might be able to get $40-50,000 in there, but he's looking at $250-300,000 from what I'm being told. So, it's going to be hard for me to tell him to stay."

Double ET:

--- Quote from: guinpen on March 28, 2024, 07:43:27 AM ---Here is a quote from the Oakland coach.

"He's going to get offered so much money and I can't [match that]. We've got a 'Keep Trey Townsend Fund' going from our [NIL] collective, and we might be able to get $40-50,000 in there, but he's looking at $250-300,000 from what I'm being told. So, it's going to be hard for me to tell him to stay."

--- End quote ---

Gee, he is expecting to make more $$ than our coach.

Can’t really blame him. In a capitalistic society, he is free to make whatever $$ that people are willing to pay him. This is especially true for those who will never make it to nba. Make $$ now while you can.

Like most of the industrial companies, there are very little loyalty between employers and employees anymore since very few companies are offering pensions. The relationship are “at will” between them (employers can terminate employment at anytime for whatever reasons and employees can quit at anytime). People make decisions based on their personal benefits ( not company’s).The retirement $$ is now the 401k which employees can take with them when they leave.

If the mid major guy can expect to make this much, how much are the power 5 guys…..
Colleges may have to start looking at revenue sharing…..

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: guinpen on March 28, 2024, 07:43:27 AM ---Here is a quote from the Oakland coach.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry but i'm not clear of who Kampe is talking about ?

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on March 28, 2024, 06:15:25 PM ---

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry but i'm not clear of who Kampe is talking about ?

--- End quote ---

Trey Townsend  forward

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version