YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Coaches/Portal

<< < (12/19) > >>

YSUGO:

--- Quote from: Double ET on March 22, 2024, 09:18:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on March 21, 2024, 09:53:05 PM ---So happy for Oakland and the Horizon League!  YSU lost two close games to Oakland, shows how good we were.

--- End quote ---

I still have nightmares from that home loss at YSU. The last play, when we were up 2 with 3 seconds left, the guy came around the high pick screen at the top of the key. Our big guy didn’t step to contest the 3 point shot……we lost by 1.
Kentucky should have watched the Oakland game at YSU.where they shot over 80% from the 3…

--- End quote ---

I watched the game last night between Oakland and Kentucky and That was a good win for Oakland in the conference. I felt like the announcers didn’t say a lot about the league though which is understandable but as I watch the game, how was coached I felt that the Oakland coach had a great feel for the game and made this coaching decisions accordingly. sometimes I feel Calhoun hasn’t required that at times specially when we have leads when to pull the ball back, etc. but if we had a player like Oakland had that could’ve been us. it was obvious this year’s team, which was good didn’t have that go to Guy. And yes, we do get a part of the money if Oakland keeps winning plus whatever to swim is so let’s root them on.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on March 22, 2024, 10:45:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on March 22, 2024, 09:18:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on March 21, 2024, 09:53:05 PM ---So happy for Oakland and the Horizon League!  YSU lost two close games to Oakland, shows how good we were.

--- End quote ---

I still have nightmares from that home loss at YSU. The last play, when we were up 2 with 3 seconds left, the guy came around the high pick screen at the top of the key. Our big guy didn’t step to contest the 3 point shot……we lost by 1.
Kentucky should have watched the Oakland game at YSU.where they shot over 80% from the 3…

--- End quote ---

I watched the game last night between Oakland and Kentucky and That was a good win for Oakland in the conference. I felt like the announcers didn’t say a lot about the league though which is understandable but as I watch the game, how was coached I felt that the Oakland coach had a great feel for the game and made this coaching decisions accordingly. sometimes I feel Calhoun hasn’t required that at times specially when we have leads when to pull the ball back, etc. but if we had a player like Oakland had that could’ve been us. it was obvious this year’s team, which was good didn’t have that go to Guy. And yes, we do get a part of the money if Oakland keeps winning plus whatever to swim is so let’s root them on.

--- End quote ---

100% agree with this.  I really like Catalon and Lappas, but they really didn't talk about Oakland's season, the Horizon League, etc. 

I do agree that Coach Calhoun gets outcoached at times as he did in both of those Oakland games.  Oakland knows how to win and wins the close games, that's something YSU struggled with.  They also have a lot of team chemistry with returning players and I think that hurt YSU

YsuPride:
Oakland plays North Carolina state  tomorrow in Ncaa tournament.    Good luck to them and coach Kampe.

ucfpengbuck:
https://riceowls.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/andrew-akuchie/9157

Andrew's in the portal.   Would be nice if his brother would put in a good word.

Dmorton:
Oakland represented the Horizon very well in the tourney!  Maybe not the conference will get more respect!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version