YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Baseball

<< < (5/9) > >>

Penquin68:
Our catcher was thrown out of the first game for using tobacco products. He was forced to sit out game 2 due to being ejected in game 1! Anyone know what he did and how he was caught? Manager ejected from game 1, but managed game 2.

Perez was the star of the win yesterday and today pitched 2 1/3 innings to finish today's 2nd game. Great performance by our senior pitcher.

YsuPride:
Probably Chewing Tabacco is my best guess

Wick250:
In conference only games we finished last in hitting and fielding and next to last in pitching. Yet this team has reached the championship round, something that Calhoun's basketball players never came close to achieving. Go figure.

What makes today an insurmountable challenge is the fact that Northern Kentucky, 2nd seeded and staying in the winner's bracket, has only played two games. We have endured five games in three days. The pitchers have given an heroic effort, but we now have very little available.

Nevertheless, at a time when college sports are again being polluted by big money, we can all be very proud of the "old college try" that these guys have performed this week.

IAA Fan:
You might recall we did this not too long ago; I think it was 2014. made the NCAA Division I baseball tournament. We also won the regular season HL once or twice but were not selected to the NCAA tournament. We really can only get in the NCAA's by winning the HL tourney. If we could win at least one series against a power conference team and go at least .500 against the rest of the power teams on our schedule, we would stand a good chance to get selected to the NCAA's without winning the HL Tourney.

We are in the loser's bracket, so we will have to win twice today. I do think the NCAA makes pitching allowances for tournaments. Does not mean there is "anything left in the guy's arm though".

IAA Fan:
Well, it’s over. Seven run fourth inning the Norris are completely in command. 8-2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version