YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Tourney Seeding

<< < (2/12) > >>

YsuPride:
I'd rather us playing CSU instead of PFW.  We smashed them at home whereas we lost to pfw on the road and barely beat them at home.  Cleveland st is a good match up for us.  Just my thoughts

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 04, 2024, 02:16:16 PM ---I'd rather us playing CSU instead of PFW.  We smashed them at home whereas we lost to pfw on the road and barely beat them at home.  Cleveland st is a good match up for us.  Just my thoughts

--- End quote ---

Yes, I also prefer to play CSU. Not only that we have already beaten them at home this season, PFW was ranked near #50 in NET in the beginning of the season. However, having said that, playing PFW at YSU would eliminate the possibility of facing them in their home court later in the tournament.

I considered the regular season results are for tournament seeding only. Any of the top 6 teams who “peaked at the right time” are capable of winning the whole thing and join the big dance.

I don’t even think any other team in this league will even be considered for the NIT. There are plenty more power 5 teams left to be selected for the NIT bringing in higher revenue than the mid major teams.

Wick250:
Is this not the best possible bracket for YSU?  Barring an unlikely first round upset, to reach the championship game Oakland would need to beat Fort Wayne at home and probably Wright State in Indianapolis. We would need to get through Cleveland at home and then Milwaukee/Green Bay on the neutral court.

All-League selections are now out. Burns and Reid made second team, Thompson was third team, and Dynes was on the All-freshman team. Burns and Dynes also made the all-defensive team.

Slap in the face to Burns and YSU. How do you AVERAGE a double-double; record a double-double in 16 of the 20 league games, make the all-defensive team, and NOT earn a spot on the league first team?

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Double ET on March 04, 2024, 02:41:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 04, 2024, 02:16:16 PM ---I'd rather us playing CSU instead of PFW.  We smashed them at home whereas we lost to pfw on the road and barely beat them at home.  Cleveland st is a good match up for us.  Just my thoughts

--- End quote ---

Yes, I also prefer to play CSU. Not only that we have already beaten them at home this season, PFW was ranked near #50 in NET in the beginning of the season. However, having said that, playing PFW at YSU would eliminate the possibility of facing them in their home court later in the tournament.

I considered the regular season results are for tournament seeding only. Any of the top 6 teams who “peaked at the right time” are capable of winning the whole thing and join the big dance.

I don’t even think any other team in this league will even be considered for the NIT. There are plenty more power 5 teams left to be selected for the NIT bringing in higher revenue than the mid major teams.

--- End quote ---

Indiana Farmers Coliseum is IUPUI's home court not PFW.  It's 2 hours and 15 mins from PFW.

Yeah I tend to agree on the NIT. I don't think any team would have a strong enough resume to even be considered.  For YSU it probably would have needed wins against Louisiana and Dayton, at least wins against Oakland and Green Bay at home, maybe another road win or two, and a loss in the title game of the tourney to even have a remote shot.   

It will be interesting though if a lot of the teams that get selected for the NIT bail out.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on March 04, 2024, 02:53:16 PM ---Is this not the best possible bracket for YSU?  Barring an unlikely first round upset, to reach the championship game Oakland would need to beat Fort Wayne at home and probably Wright State in Indianapolis. We would need to get through Cleveland at home and then Milwaukee/Green Bay on the neutral court.

All-League selections are now out. Burns and Reid made second team, Thompson was third team, and Dynes was on the All-freshman team. Burns and Dynes also made the all-defensive team.

Slap in the face to Burns and YSU. How do you AVERAGE a double-double; record a double-double in 16 of the 20 league games, make the all-defensive team, and NOT earn a spot on the league first team?

--- End quote ---

The semis are reseeded as well so if Milwaukee wins in the first 2 rounds and Oakland wins in the quarters, they would be playing them not YSU. 

Though YSU hasn't played GB with Reynolds, I'd much rather see YSU play GB than either Wright St or NKU. I think it could be tough for YSU to beat WS 3 times. And I think the same could be said for Oakland beating YSU 3 times.  NKU has had a lot of success in the tourney.

Of note with NKU, they already lost Sam Vinson earlier in the season due to injury now I see Cade Meyer left the program and Keeyan Itejere is injured.  Those 3 combined to avg 26 points.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version