YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Tourney Seeding

<< < (9/12) > >>

YsuPride:
Tough loss.  We played our butts off but the refs were destined to call every thing on us and missed blatant calls on CSU.  Hats off to the vikings prepared for us with just one day prep and didn't even have Tristan to boot.  It felt like we couldn't get over the hump all night.   Maybe we will have one of the pay to play tournaments come calling.   We deserve it.  Not in a position for the NIT due to the NIT normally goes off of the NET RANKINGS.  We shall see.  Are we ever going to sniff the Ncaa tournament?  Feel bad for the players.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Double ET on March 07, 2024, 09:24:39 PM ---As I have said all season, we just do not have a go to guy who can take over the game ( i.e. Cohill last year). We really do not deserve for the university to spend lots of $$ to buy us into another postseason game in view of the tight budget. This has been a good season and unfortunately, we didn’t peak at the right time.

We will see what we can do next year. Go Penguins, I am ready for football…

--- End quote ---

I agree 100% with this.  As good as this year's team was I never had the confidence like I did with last year's team.  And like you said, I felt that team could compete with anyone and could have been dangerous if they made the NCAA. And really how they played OSU last year showed.

This year's team just didn't have that dominating feel, couldn't win the close games, didn't have that guy to take over or bail us out.  Coach had said earlier in the week he felt like if they got in the tourney they could be dangerous and no one would want to play us, but I'm not so sure.

While we were able to win the national TV games against Wright St, getting swept by Oakland and getting beat by Green Bay & CSU at home without their 2 best players were the daggers.  Just didn't feel like we were playing the best ball down the stretch, even the wins against RMU & Detroit weren't the greatest. 

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 08, 2024, 05:37:35 AM ---Tough loss.  We played our butts off but the refs were destined to call every thing on us and missed blatant calls on CSU.  Hats off to the vikings prepared for us with just one day prep and didn't even have Tristan to boot.  It felt like we couldn't get over the hump all night.   Maybe we will have one of the pay to play tournaments come calling.   We deserve it.  Not in a position for the NIT due to the NIT normally goes off of the NET RANKINGS.  We shall see.  Are we ever going to sniff the Ncaa tournament?  Feel bad for the players.

--- End quote ---

I thought it was pretty poorly officiated, but that wasn't why YSU lost.  There were some bad no calls YSU and it seemed like every 50-50 call went CSU's way.

Every time it seemed like YSU could go on a run, they'd have a bad turnover or CSU would drain a shot at the end of the shot clock or get offensive rebounds.  It was the story of the entire game and why once YSU got down a few possessions they just couldn't basically get away from being down 5 or 6.

I kept waiting on a big run, but it never materialized.  Thought there was an opportunity at the end of the first half to get it down further than 6. I really thought we'd come out locked in in the 2nd half and go on a run. Made some stops on defense early on, but couldn't score, and the rest of the game played out how it was going.

YSUGO:
Yes, it was a disappointing season but just think we won over 20 games had a home game for the tournament and we’re disappointed. The program is in the right direction. Even in these crazy times with the pay for play college athlete. It’s gonna be hard to develop and keep, those players by the way we used to recruit because if they become good, they’re gonna go to the money at least Coach Calhoun figured out a way to make us relevant if we can keep them and put together two or three more years than it becomes a true basketball program and then  You can recruit and develop and keep hopefully a few of those kids and then use the portal. The fill in the cracks time will tell.

YSU1:
poor effort poor defense too many 3's  Burns plays hard every game

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version