Author Topic: YSU @ Wright St MBB  (Read 2528 times)

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU @ Wright St MBB
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2024, 08:47:38 AM »
With the game at PFW Sunday at 2pm did the team come home or stay in Fort Wayne for Sunday game?  Just curious as to what the team did.

I'm sure there's no question they stayed.  Would be silly to come home this morning and turn around and leave tomorrow. 

I too was surprised there wasn't a better turnout of fans for a nationally televised game.  I would have expected a better atmosphere for Wright State- think that benefited YSU.

Wright State still scares me come tourney time.  I hope YSU doesn't have to play them for a 3rd time, but it wouldn't surprise me. 

I don't think there's any question now YSU, GB & Oakland are the 3 best teams.  I'd put Wright State 4th.  Then you have CSU, NKU & Milwaukee in that next group.  PFW has really fell losing 6 of their last 7 after starting 4-0.  RMU can be competitive and maybe upset someone in the first round, but I can't see anymore than that. IUPUI & Detroit are putrid.  IUPUI seems like they can play teams for a half then can't keep up in the 2nd half.  Detroit is now 0-23 and there's only been 5 games all season they haven't lost by double figures and only 2 in league play.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2024, 09:55:10 AM »
Detroit is the same as IUPUI in that they can compete for a half then fade off  in 2nd half.  I believe that we beat them by the worst margin all year.  Coach will be most likely fired at season end.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2024, 10:16:37 AM »
Here are the remaining games for Green Bay and Oakland.

Green Bay

Home: NKU, PFW, YSU
Away: RMU, YSU, CSU, Milw

Oakland

Home: CSU, IUPUI, WSU, Detroit
Away: NKU, WSU, PFW, RMU

I doubt that Green Bay can navigate that schedule successfully. And with two games remaining against Oakland, Wright State is now our friend.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2024, 11:33:01 AM »
GB does not play this weekend so if YSU can beat PFW, we'll be tied for 1st place.

That's a pretty tough schedule for GB. Gotta think they lose 2-4 games.

Oakland's is a little easier considering they have IUPUI and Detroit at home which are basically 2 guaranteed wins.  Like you said WS is our friend against Oakland.  Hopefully they can beat them at least once.  I don't see Oakland losing anymore than 3 games max.   

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2024, 02:30:19 PM »
GB has the easier schedule I see.   Besides us I see them finishing strong baring any injury.   We need to win this weekend tho or all doesn't matter .