YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ Wright St MBB

<< < (4/4)

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 02, 2024, 08:09:39 AM ---With the game at PFW Sunday at 2pm did the team come home or stay in Fort Wayne for Sunday game?  Just curious as to what the team did.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure there's no question they stayed.  Would be silly to come home this morning and turn around and leave tomorrow. 

I too was surprised there wasn't a better turnout of fans for a nationally televised game.  I would have expected a better atmosphere for Wright State- think that benefited YSU.

Wright State still scares me come tourney time.  I hope YSU doesn't have to play them for a 3rd time, but it wouldn't surprise me. 

I don't think there's any question now YSU, GB & Oakland are the 3 best teams.  I'd put Wright State 4th.  Then you have CSU, NKU & Milwaukee in that next group.  PFW has really fell losing 6 of their last 7 after starting 4-0.  RMU can be competitive and maybe upset someone in the first round, but I can't see anymore than that. IUPUI & Detroit are putrid.  IUPUI seems like they can play teams for a half then can't keep up in the 2nd half.  Detroit is now 0-23 and there's only been 5 games all season they haven't lost by double figures and only 2 in league play.

YsuPride:
Detroit is the same as IUPUI in that they can compete for a half then fade off  in 2nd half.  I believe that we beat them by the worst margin all year.  Coach will be most likely fired at season end.

Wick250:
Here are the remaining games for Green Bay and Oakland.

Green Bay

Home: NKU, PFW, YSU
Away: RMU, YSU, CSU, Milw

Oakland

Home: CSU, IUPUI, WSU, Detroit
Away: NKU, WSU, PFW, RMU

I doubt that Green Bay can navigate that schedule successfully. And with two games remaining against Oakland, Wright State is now our friend.

mudclods:
GB does not play this weekend so if YSU can beat PFW, we'll be tied for 1st place.

That's a pretty tough schedule for GB. Gotta think they lose 2-4 games.

Oakland's is a little easier considering they have IUPUI and Detroit at home which are basically 2 guaranteed wins.  Like you said WS is our friend against Oakland.  Hopefully they can beat them at least once.  I don't see Oakland losing anymore than 3 games max.   

YsuPride:
GB has the easier schedule I see.   Besides us I see them finishing strong baring any injury.   We need to win this weekend tho or all doesn't matter . 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version