YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ Wright St MBB

(1/4) > >>

mudclods:
Big game tonight on ESPNU. 

Wright St is a 2.5-3.5 point favorite.  Over/under is 164.5

Wright State is 12-10, 7-4 in the league.  They've won 3 in a row since losses to YSU and Green Bay, and prior to that had won 3 in a row. 

If YSU could win tonight, they could get some separation from 4th on back.

Hopefully YSU can continue it's defensive effort.  Really going to need it against Wright St & PFW.  YSU held WS to 71 at home, which was their lowest point total of the year.

ucfpengbuck:
Guys are going to need to bring their A game tonight.   Need the bigs to stay out of foul trouble . Wright State is tough in the post and Trey Calvin can go off on a scoring spree.  Trey is tough off the bounce so I hope someone like Farmer can distrupt his game.

The X factor for Wright State is Alex Huibregtse.  He led them on 8 of 13 from the field againt us at Beeghly so we don't need him getting confidence either.

mudclods:
Have to wonder about the availability of Dynes and Bates.  Without them, YSU's bench shrinks so as you said the bigs have to stay out of foul trouble. 

YsuPride:
Bench is going to be the key to game. Dynes and Bates may have to play for us to stand a chance.  Wright is looking at payback and a national audience.    Interesting game.  Our defense did a number on them the first time and will need to step up again.  Too early to predict but has the potential to be a high scoring game.  Hopefully we get the win.  We play really good defense as of late.

YsuPride:
I believe that we held the raiders too 71 and that was the lowest output that they have had the entire year.  I think that they have 4 or 5 games of over 100 points scored and that is in conference too.  Mind boggling.   We can win tho.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version