YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Wright St

<< < (5/5)

YsuPride:
Announced crowd of 2650 or so. Seemed like more.  I'll take it. Good win and now Oakland on the road for a payback of earlier loss.   We have to control the 3 pointers better than the first meeting.   Then lowly Detroit.  One game at a time.

Double ET:
Coach said in the post game press conference that Gabe might stay a couple of years before going to Power 5. He also said we were the only D-1 team to offer him. This was a surprise since he played high school ball in the proximity of NKU.

After watching the last 4 games, I am still in the opinion that we should not play two small point guards (Langdon & Thompson) at the same time. Lack of heights and having 2 guys running the point just were part of the problems. It was pretty obvious to me in the beginning of the second half when we quickly fell behind. We were finally able to make that 20-1 run when coach took out Langdon and inserted some heights. We should start either Lovelace or Farmer/Bates and let Langdon rotate in to relief Thompson. Keep Thompson on the court as much as possible. Just my 2 cents.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Double ET on January 13, 2024, 06:32:51 AM ---Coach said in the post game press conference that Gabe might stay a couple of years before going to Power 5. He also said we were the only D-1 team to offer him. This was a surprise since he played high school ball in the proximity of NKU.

After watching the last 4 games, I am still in the opinion that we should not play two small point guards (Langdon & Thompson) at the same time. Lack of heights and having 2 guys running the point just were part of the problems. It was pretty obvious to me in the beginning of the second half when we quickly fell behind. We were finally able to make that 20-1 run when coach took out Langdon and inserted some heights. We should start either Lovelace or Farmer/Bates and let Langdon rotate in to relief Thompson. Keep Thompson on the court as much as possible. Just my 2 cents.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you.  If you remember, YSU started the season with Langdon and Farmer starting.  When Thompson was inserted into the lineup for Farmer is when YSU turned things around.  Farmer has been improving of late, but I think we could get more production and size out of Lovelace starting. 

Langdon kind of reminds me of Shemar; lack of size is a disadvantage.  Langdon's FG % is less than 37%...the lowest on the team.  Have to remember he didn't play last year.

***One correction from my post above on Rush, the shot clock was going to expire when he shot that 3 at the end.  I don't know why I thought they could run out the clock.  Coach didn't seem pleased, but the shot clock was obviously what Rush was pointing at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version