YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Wright St

<< < (3/5) > >>

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on January 12, 2024, 12:27:16 PM ---I wonder how many students will be there.  Hopefully they have the bleachers out on the one side that is normally down.   If crowd is big they will need those seats.

--- End quote ---

I thought they might have for the NIT game against OSU and didn't so I'm guessing no.

It's supposed to be the 40s this evening, and other than the wind and some rain, I can't imagine why anyone would stay home for an indoor game for that.

ucfpengbuck:
Tough match up.   Tanner Holden might be the best athlete in the league and Trey Calvin has shot numerous daggers at the Penguins over the years,  AJ Braun is tough down low and Noel is a load too.

YSU needs to bring their A game and must play 40 minutes .   Hopefully coach roiis out some new wrinkles to get the Raiders off track.

WSU might have the best starting 5 in the Horizon.   YSU might have the better 1- 10 .

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on January 12, 2024, 06:45:47 PM ---Tough match up.   Tanner Holden might be the best athlete in the league and Trey Calvin has shot numerous daggers at the Penguins over the years,  AJ Braun is tough down low and Noel is a load too.

YSU needs to bring their A game and must play 40 minutes .   Hopefully coach roiis out some new wrinkles to get the Raiders off track.

WSU might have the best starting 5 in the Horizon.   YSU might have the better 1- 10 .

--- End quote ---

That's what is a little surprising they are only 9-8 but they had a super tough non conference schedule with losses to Colorado State, Indiana, Toledo, Hofstra, Davidson & Western Kentucky

mudclods:
YSU really had an opportunity to push the lead out in the first half when they got up 31-28. Had all the momentum, but couldn't buy a basket & missed 3 FT including 2 front ends of 1-1's. Too reliant on 3's.

To be down 7 a couple different times & not make a FG the last 5+ minutes you'll take only being down 2 & getting the ball to start the 2nd half.

Really good defense to hold WSU to 34 after they scored 28 in the first 12+ mins.

Crowd is very good but I expected more. Definitely less than the last 2 nationally televised games. Maybe the weather did keep some people home.

go guins:
That was a DAMN GOOD EFFORT!   Somebody point out everything bad about this game! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version