YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

FCS final

<< < (3/5) > >>

goodnews:
The Athletic Department has their work cut out for them: 
Where do you get the money to compete and stay relevant? 
What if the money games dry up for YSU after 2027? 
How do you persuade a marginal FBS player to come to YSU if he is getting paid even a small amount to just be on the roster at the bigger school? 
How do you improve gameday atmosphere at Stambaugh? 
Where do you invest the money and how? 
Mens Basketball may need to play 4-5 games against superior teams just for the rest of the programs! 
Revenues will be at premium like never before! 

YsuPride:
Men's basketball according to Calhoun said the league has something to say in how non conference games are scheduled.   Not that easy getting the bigger schools to play us.  Calhoun said the ideal is too play 2 money games a year.

goodnews:
Oakland plays like 5 or 6 money games a year so someone is full of sh*t!! Not to mention they are always at the top half of the league or better.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: goodnews on January 10, 2024, 11:07:20 AM ---Oakland plays like 5 or 6 money games a year so someone is full of sh*t!! Not to mention they are always at the top half of the league or better.

--- End quote ---
If I recall correctly , when Rollie M. took over the Cleveland State MBB program, he wanted it to go big time (before joining the Horizon League). In order to recruit good players, first couple of years, he played over 70% of the games on the road against big time programs.
Apparently , these teams wanted more home games with the mid-majors. Scheduling these games didn’t seems to be a problem for CSU.

Unless things have changed significantly, I don’t know why we have had so much problems scheduling these away games since it would be a relatively easy win for them (UNLESS WE ARE REALLY GOOD).
If we demanded a return game (home-home), things might be different.

YSUGO:

--- Quote from: goodnews on January 08, 2024, 10:51:06 PM ---The Athletic Department has their work cut out for them: 
Where do you get the money to compete and stay relevant? 
What if the money games dry up for YSU after 2027? 
How do you persuade a marginal FBS player to come to YSU if he is getting paid even a small amount to just be on the roster at the bigger school? 
How do you improve gameday atmosphere at Stambaugh? 
Where do you invest the money and how? 
Mens Basketball may need to play 4-5 games against superior teams just for the rest of the programs! 
Revenues will be at premium like never before!

--- End quote ---

The next five years, why is she athletics as many questions on a direction that it head. With the new president who knows what could happen was it in favor of a politician to run university but it’s about bringing in dollars and donations. My question is, is he there to build a university up or has a plan to change the universities path we really don’t know, who knows the current leader of the athletics department could retire soon and then there might be a change in the thought process there, but to answer your question about how to raise revenue and draw interest first thing is we need to change the atmosphere at the stadium what would drive  What about enclosing the one end zone make out like other universities or they have club seating for parties and alcohol related activities. What about the athletic department tying in with Ryan productions that does the Covell events and have a concert after the game with up-and-coming acts that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. or I’m just thinking out of a box why not build a large Ferris wheel or something that sort in the corner for the kids and family we have to think outside the box I noticed stuff sounds stupid but you have to have an entertainment experience to go with the game. I know diehards think well all you gotta do is win and they will come. The problem is since the 90s run times of changed people have things to do and going to a boring Youngstown state versus Valparaiso isn’t going to cut it Conference due lack of a rivalry are boring to the average casual fan anyways, just some thoughts my guess is what we know of FCS division will be completely different in five years. Do you do all the chaos happening now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version