Author Topic: Ysu vs IUPUI  (Read 2853 times)

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ysu vs IUPUI
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2024, 05:21:14 PM »
Brett Thompson 20 points in the 2nd half was the only ray of light in a stinky performance.  Outrebounded 45-33 is bad but not as bad as 28 turnovers by IUPUI.   Ziggy posted strong a few times. Still there"s not much strong play in the post.

Like mentioned above you Can't have your C game unless you're playing the cellar teams and that might get you a L in league play.   Love seeing Dynes rejecting everything in the paint.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2024, 09:59:00 PM »
Ironically YSU had an identical record at this point last year...11-5, 3-2. YSU then rattled off 4 in a row.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2024, 09:22:16 AM »
Agree that Thompson saved us from a debacle.   Rush needs to not start next game .  Shake up the lineup.    He cannot shot or finish at the rim all of a sudden.  He seems disengaged and is mopping around on the court.  I wonder if missing that potential tying 3 pointer the other night vs NKU is on his mind.   You never know.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2024, 09:55:15 AM »
Agree that Thompson saved us from a debacle.   Rush needs to not start next game .  Shake up the lineup.    He cannot shot or finish at the rim all of a sudden.  He seems disengaged and is mopping around on the court.  I wonder if missing that potential tying 3 pointer the other night vs NKU is on his mind.   You never know.

I've said all year Rush hasn't been himself, but you can't sit your leading scorer, 2nd best rebounder, and best FT shooter against the best team in the league. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2024, 10:27:44 AM »
I still don’t think playing Thompson and Langton on the court at the same time is a good idea. We have two points guards. At times, they seemed to get into each other’s way.

With both of them on the court at the same time and along with Rush, we just don’t have enough height. We should Pair Rush with either Thompson or Langdon (whoever is a better match), and pair the other with either Farmer or Bates.

In the last 3 games, we clearly didn’t play with enough intensity. We rarely hustled for the rebounds or loose balls nor contested for the 3 balls. We looked lost out there at times. It looked like they were waiting someone to take charge.

Guys were just falling in love with the 3 balls too much and were not driving towards the hoop to either do the  layup or to pull up for short jump shots. The pull up 10 foot jump shots were almost not existent for this team.

Well, that are just some of my observations.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2024, 11:14:42 AM »
The win over IUPUI dropped YSU from 140 to 154 in the net rankings.  YSU was in the upper 90s earlier this season. 

IUPUI is at 357.  Winless Detroit is at 360 out of 362.